What would you pick out of these

probably the CVR"s due to cone area, potentially equaling louder bass.

but i havent had any experience with the D9's, i have heard they are a decent SQ sub. but im not sure on that.

CVR's will give you the booom booom you need, but if your interested in more detailed bass, probably go with the Diamond, or im sure there will be plenty more recommendations offered to you in here

well im just wondering what would be better.
whats the dif between detailed bass vs loud?
better sound quality, then there are subs like the CVR that just get "loud", but a Type R would be better to get "loud".

but most of the time it will depend on the install, and how the box is built, and your vehicle and 1,000 other factors. but overall, i believe the D9 sounds better, but 2 12" CVR's "should" be louder

maybe someone will chime in that has actually used a D9, im going off what ive been told. but i do have experience with CVR's, they have been disappointing in every setup ive heard them in, except for 1. which was the Kicker pre-fab ported box with the big 8" port or whatever it was, with about 1500w going to the pair. they didnt like the power loll.. but they were loud

cvr would be too boomy. and like i told the other guy in another thread.

I don't care how much you spend on your system, or raw drivers, amps, etc, etc. Unless you put a huge amount of effort into your install, you won't even achieve a stock systems level of performance. Yeah, you can get louder, but not better.

So, it doesn't matter what system you buy. In fact, choosing a set of speakers is the absolute LEAST of your worries.

well the car will be a 98 civic hatchback so itll boom even with 400w subs lol.

I will be custom building the box, Ill put the specs in on re audios website and go from there. Im not good with the box building programs. I just dont understand all the fields you have to complete with the data.

Ill have a decent system. the HU i have right now is a kenwood excelon x493

well the car will be a 98 civic hatchback so itll boom even with 400w subs lol.
I will be custom building the box, Ill put the specs in on re audios website and go from there. Im not good with the box building programs. I just dont understand all the fields you have to complete with the data.

Ill have a decent system. the HU i have right now is a kenwood excelon x493
carstereo.com has a good calculator for round, square, and slot ports. just figure out how much net cf you have to work with and go from there. and remember to take in consideration the amount of space the port(s) and sub(s) will take up and add that to the net cf. then you can figure out your outer dimensions of the box

I have no idea how to figure that **** out. Im sorry, I'm a noob to building boxes.

I would like to build a slot ported box tho

Oh my god, I've had personal experience with some of kickers older subs, the Xpl's and they were pretty good. But, they are not even close to the same level as the d9/amp combo. It's a no brainer really. I've heard a lot of subs and one of the subs was a d3 12" runnin off about 400 watts in a 2 cubic ft. Both and it sounds mean. It slammed and sounded nice. You might as well get the nicer/more quality equipment.

I would suggest getting the d9 sub and finding a 1000 watt amp in the classifieds for it. Like I said I've heard some diamond stuff and the d9 would be far superior to the d3 sub that I heard and I was impressed with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.