dimming lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jlaine ]Music is where the reserve capacitance of the power supply comes into factor.
right--------- so adding a cap increases the capacitance
Light dimming should not be an issue with standard music. If it is, wait till you start playing bass tracks...
will be if you draw alot of current on the peaks---where the dimming comes from--------not talking about bass tracks as they are nearly 100% duty cycle
I'll agree with just about anything as soon as you stop talking down to people here. [/b]
who am I talking down to? just you ------that happens when people argue
I don't take offense to it------do you?

I'm not worried if you call me this and that ---------we are arguing

Originally posted by chris229  

who am I talking down to? just you ------that happens when people argue

I don't take offense to it------do you?

I'm not worried if you call me this and that ---------we are arguing
I take plenty of offense to you talking to people here like you are above them. Pull your head out of your posterior. Do you seriously think anyone here is going to be receptive to you if you talk to them like they are children? You need not worry about me being receptive, because I have nothing to learn from you on this issue. So hurl the insults, you won't change my course of action or recommendation.

Book smart, no common sense apparently? Is that how you'd describe yourself? That's what I'm seeing now. You need to adapt your people skills, or you'll never be respected in any field. Nice attempt to lump me in with the rest of your "lower lackeys" with some of your arrogant commentary, but unfortunately you will not undermine either my knowledge of this subject nor my views on the matter with your personal attacks. Either grow up or cease the argument until you manage to.

"right---- so adding a cap increases the capacitance"

You missed the point again.

A well designed amplifier will not NEED added capacitance, because the power supply was built with enough to handle brief musical transients. That shoots your idea right out of the water again.

I'll add the list of variables that chris had locked in in his mind, yet failed to include them in any of his posts while talking to people like they were stupid...

He immediately assumes you'll go out and find a low ESR capacitor.

He immediately assumes your listening preferences.

He immediately assumes your current draw is of a marginal demand that the capacitor can patch. (without asking any background information I may add)

Good job finding one capacitor with a decent ESR chris, I bet I can find 20 more readily available units without any specs, or with ones higher than recommended... But I was supposed to assume you meant stinger right?

not to take sides here....because i respect you both...chris you do come across as rude and superier some times.....i had a problem w/ that when i frist started arguing w/ you....but i eventually accepted the fact that you know more than me on that issue you just come accross that way........anyways...im done here....

Book smart, no common sense apparently? Is that how you'd describe yourself? That's what I'm seeing now. You need to adapt your people skills, or you'll never be respected in any field.

"MAN, I HAVE GOT TO AGREE ON THIS ONE"..............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif

you guys will come to understand this subject some day--------I was just tring to speed it along-------shortent the curve

I can't MAKE you believe or learn something-----that's that

what are you to do when people challage me when tring to teach them somehthing???

puting hand me down knowledge in the posts-----------you correct them----as if you don't how will they have known they were wrong

sometimes it goes easy-----------sometimes it like cutting arm & legs off

thing about the net is-----------everybody seems to be an expert

so how do you know who's right----------- debating/arguing-------- I haven't seen many people skills between any two people who argue/debate something -----------in any field

Plus I never claim to be a know all-------- I just know what I know

Originally posted by crispy highs Book smart, no common sense apparently? Is that how you'd describe yourself? That's what I'm seeing now. You need to adapt your people skills, or you'll never be respected in any field.

"MAN, I HAVE GOT TO AGREE ON THIS ONE"..............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif ------------k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by Jmac Chris, buddy, you never answered my question ...

I wonder why ...
you should ask them---
as I wouldn't be able to explain it without people jumping all over my posts----

Originally posted by Jmac I was originally asking you and you ignored me and now you're trying to avoid answering my question.

Fine, Jlaine, can you answer my question ?
you know why i'm avoiding it----------cause you see what happens when I answer them----------3 pages of nothing
I didn't ignore you just that the posts started move so fast i didn't see it

Originally posted by Jmac And what do you do on songs with constant bass ? (i.e. DMX - No Sunshine ... 30 Hz constant signal for over 5 minutes)

In that case, you'd be screwed if you only had a cap and a stock alternator, correct ?
That one Jmac?

Solution?

High output alternator... Aside from that, you have no source of 14.4V energy, so you'll be riding it out on battery power until it's over...

And yes, that is a good example, that song is pretty bass heavy...

**edit**

Not worth adressing you on the rest of the matters Chris, I removed them because you give me a headache.

**edit**

For reiteration, you are not here to teach me anything on this subject matter chris, don't forget it.

You and I will get along fine, as soon as you cease talking down to people. Until then, carry on...

Originally posted by jlaine [For reiteration, you are not here to teach me anything on this subject matter chris, don't forget it.

You and I will get along fine, as soon as you cease talking down to people. Until then, carry on... [/b]
maybe not me-----but you still need to learn it
that is if your going to be recommending solutions-----correctly

Originally posted by chris229 maybe not me-----but you still need to learn it

I'll continue to recommend just as I always have, because I know I'm correct. I have more than enough backing to prove this. You just stand here with the "because I said so" stance.

I suggest you get away from the books and the computer and get into the real world chris, you'll find it isn't so simple (like it is on paper) as you would like it to be.

Once you learn to fuse the gap between controlled labratory results and what transpires in reality, you'll really start to learn something...

new alt is the way for me been down the buying alt for not haven enough amperage for the system...........and caps do stiff'n the flow but do nothing for over ampage draw.............thanks guys

Originally posted by biggmarc new alt is the way for me been down the buying alt for not haven enough amperage for the system...........and caps do stiff'n the flow but do nothing for over ampage draw.............thanks guys
biggmarc, be sure to check on warranty period, and idle current output. Those are the two biggest factors to be worried about when installing a new HO alternator. Best of luck, and be sure to upgrade the factory wiring when you put it in, as the original factory trace was only capable of taking what the OEM alternator can manage, and typically it degrades fairly fast.

Originally Posted by chris229 

maybe not me-----but you still need to learn it

Truley it is the mark of an un-educated mind to dispute the proven facts, even if they are right before them.

I took a break from here for a bit. In addition to personal time constraints; I simply got tired of your condescending attitude and denseness in our previous discussion on the matter.

No matter---

Josh has clearly explained all the details relavant to this matter and backed them up with reputable sources. I see absolutely none of this same courtesy being extended on your behalf in support of your argument.

Just the childish "I'm right because I said so!" remarks.

I honestly do not see how you can believe that caps are beneficial with the overabundance of information present that clearly contradicts that.

Josh has been a good deal more thorough and patient than I was, however, we both share the same conclusion regarding caps.

On another note:

Since we are dealing with AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL, (I made that bold so the adjective portion is crystal clear.)

Mabey those Auto-tech books that you previously degraded are not so worthless after all.

I will restate:

An electrical load is defined in automotive terms as any device or object that requires the assistance of of the charging system to maintain its proper functionability.

I would reccomend checking out ASE's Electrical/ Electronic Systems Manual (#A6) if you require further clarification. The whole book is an excellent resource and I would reccomend it to anyone who would like a better understanding of thier vehicles charging systems and other electrical components.

On another note- I dont see the complication in this matter.

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/capacitr.htm

This little tech article sums up what a cap is supposed to do and also its flaws.

Right from the article:

"Keep in mind that the discharge is only for a fraction of a second. The capacitor can not act like a battery. It only serves to fill in what would otherwise be very small dips in the supply voltage. "
Also- a point of interest regarding the Class A,B, and Class D amplifiers. This is pretty close to what Josh was saying earlier regarding the Class D's efficiency over the others.

http://www.irf.com/whats-new/nr010515.html

All in all- I believe you may eat your previous words about learning things correctly.

Not trying to be an a*s, just trying to dispell a myth.

take it easy,

-zane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...