Different Style Setup

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
Alright guys, I am thinking of downgrading. I just don't have the same interests as I used to in how loud the car is, it's impressive but I ride with too many people and am dropping too much money as this hobby was much more expensive than I thought. I have that skar zvx d2 on a shark 3500 because my budget was bad at the time.

Now, I am thinking to save a little space and not be AS loud even if it wasn't that loud from the start. I might do like a hdc312 in a t-line on an sq2200 if I can find one or even on that shark 3500 if it is the right match. What do you guys think? I have 400ah of batteries so don't worry about battery bank. Don't want to be too expensive either.

TL;DR - need some new setup ideas.

Also, I have a friend that has my old skar sk-1500 and then wire it to half ohm on a AB HD 12 D1 that I could get for cheap.

Alright guys, I am thinking of downgrading. I just don't have the same interests as I used to in how loud the car is, it's impressive but I ride with too many people and am dropping too much money as this hobby was much more expensive than I thought. I have that skar zvx d2 on a shark 3500 because my budget was bad at the time.
I might do like a hdc312 in a t-line on an sq2200
I like that idea but you might not save any space

I can also keep the amp - I don't mind it, but don't know how a single 12 would sound on it or what the sub would be. I would like to sell it and find something different.

Just keep what you have and turn the gain down. If you get a new system, you'll end up paying more money.
I am not worried about dropping a TON more money into it if it is what I like.

I think I am mainly looking for not as much space mainly, but space makes bass. So I will probably go with a single 12. Don't want it literally shaking the car apart as I am just fading away from that feeling over time.

I'm still confused as to why you want to do this. Not to save money or get louder, just to save space? Are you unhappy with the current sound?
Space saving mostly - the 18 takes up ALL of my backseat and I can't even put my books in it right now. I am thinking of a single 18 because with the gain a third of the way, I can only turn it up to about 20 or so without me losing my mind. Just directing my music towards another way and to save space.

I am thinking of a hdc312 or something around that. Maybe a tantric.

Space saving mostly - the 18 takes up ALL of my backseat and I can't even put my books in it right now. I am thinking of a single 18 because with the gain a third of the way, I can only turn it up to about 20 or so without me losing my mind. Just directing my music towards another way and to save space.
I am thinking of a hdc312 or something around that. Maybe a tantric.
Why is it in your back seat when you have all that room in the back???

1999_toyota_4runner_4_dr_limited_4wd_suv-pic-20253.jpeg

How many books do you have? A library?

Why is it in your back seat when you have all that room in the back???
1999_toyota_4runner_4_dr_limited_4wd_suv-pic-20253.jpeg

How many books do you have? A library?
I meant my trunk, my bad. But the main reason is because of college - I need storage for my stuff going back and forth but aside from that. What would you recommend for a budget friendly woofer? I don't mind keeping that shark and I have already thought of the hdc series.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.