Difference between triple, double, and single magnet Fi BTL?

Carnivorous18
10+ year member

T3h G33k
Is there any difference better or worse in each one? Are the power-handlings any different? I have a triple-stack 18" right now and I may look into getting a new 15" single magnet. The 18 is being run off 3000watts so I wanted to make sure the newer 15 could still handle it and if there were any gains over getting a newer single over an older double or triple magnet

Is there any difference better or worse in each one? Are the power-handlings any different? I have a triple-stack 18" right now and I may look into getting a new 15" single magnet. The 18 is being run off 3000watts so I wanted to make sure the newer 15 could still handle it and if there were any gains over getting a newer single over an older double or triple magnet
Are you planning on running both subs simultaneously?

Are you planning on running both subs simultaneously?
Lol hell no. I barely had enough room for the 18 in the first place thats why im downgrading. The box for the 18 is sitting in the back seat held on by bungee cords. The 15 will be so I can have a box that will actually fit in the trunk. I read in another thread though something about running two dif style motors at the same time isnt good cause this guy was lookin to buy another doublestack

Why not just recone what you have then? Buy a 15" basket used off the forum, recone it, and you'll have your 15 for a lot less money than just buying a new one.
.....not a bad idea at all. I dont know how to recone it though and I dont have any soldering skills so i'll have to find someone local to do it I guess. Shipping it out to someone to do it might be a PITA.

IMO you would be much further off selling the old sub and buying the newer (and better) version.... rather then reconing the old sub....

Id say go for it...

But you might also try putting the 18 in a smaller box, maybe with some added mass, to see how it responds, first...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.