Did I get ripped off?

dundas0711

First off I know almost nothing about car audio which is why I think I got taken advantage of.

I live in houston, TX and went to CJ sounds car audio for my system.

I purchased 2 12'' merlon MEWO-12S, a box (obviously used, in fairly poor shape with gashes), and a PRO acoustic 2500 watt amp. (the amp was around $125 and its 2,500 watts? I dont think so). I also had it all wired and installed and had a gain nob installed as well for an extra $20.

My total spendings: $450 without tax.

I have been told by many locals that CJ sounds will take advantage of you and rip you off.

Please, i need some input. Did i get ripped off? What is all this equipment worth?

Thanks in advance

This is Kevin the owner of Cj Sounds Car Stereo and I wanted to take a second to respond to this concern. First we sell alot of diffrent brands, including Diamond Audio, Cerwin Vega and many more but this system is what he choose. This was a floor model box with brand new woofers and amplifier. We warranty all of our products for one year and have a lifetime warranty on installation and even have a 90 day trade up policy! We are a family business that is out to make a profit but not overcharge anyone. But 2 -12" woofers, box, amp, wire and labor with bass knob for under $500.00 isn't a bad deal. However I do tell anyone when they walk in our store we are not the cheapest, but if you want quality work you are in the right place.

Lastly, the 2500d amp is a D Class amp with a single power rail, 1 ohm stable and puts out 900 watts RMS, I have not seen or heard from anyone that has purchased this amp and had any problems...

This is Kevin the owner of Cj Sounds Car Stereo and I wanted to take a second to respond to this concern. First we sell alot of diffrent brands, including Diamond Audio, Cerwin Vega and many more but this system is what he choose. This was a floor model box with brand new woofers and amplifier. We warranty all of our products for one year and have a lifetime warranty on installation and even have a 90 day trade up policy! We are a family business that is out to make a profit but not overcharge anyone. But 2 -12" woofers, box, amp, wire and labor with bass knob for under $500.00 isn't a bad deal. However I do tell anyone when they walk in our store we are not the cheapest, but if you want quality work you are in the right place.Lastly, the 2500d amp is a D Class amp with a single power rail, 1 ohm stable and puts out 900 watts RMS, I have not seen or heard from anyone that has purchased this amp and had any problems...
Finally the truth comes out....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.