Did I get ripped off?

What's "convenient" isn't always "best". With that $200 they charged you for installation, you could have bought the tools you'd need 5 times over, and you wouldn't have to go back and spend another $200 the next time you wanted something installed. Honestly, to install all of that, you need a couple of wrenches, a soldering gun, and a few different screwdrivers? Yeah, it would have taken you half of a day to install everything, but by the end of the day you'd know what the fuck you're doing.

OP did not have the skill so he haz to pay the bill, simple as that. OP did not have the dolla bills to get quality gear, otherwise he would have likely been wise enough to invest in a stellar install job. OP has not specified what vehical this was installed in, so would it really matter if he had a quality install job with top dollar gear in a pinto? too much information missing here.

OP did you have an aftermarket headunit or used your factory unit ? If you kept your factory unit then they needed a LOC. So them run about 20 bucks. Also what type of wirekit they install ? Hopefully not an 8 gauge kit and charged you 65 bucks for it or something dumb. Give us more info. And do you like how it sounds ?

Without knowing much about Merlon, but realizing that the shop has to make money I don't think you got ripped. There is more than just the cost of equipment in your vehicle. If you had been willing to do the install yourself you could have had much better equipment for a similar cost.

As far as your amp goes, looks like 700wrms@1 ohm:

PROACOUSTIC_AMP.jpg

Well it coulda been worse. They coulda sold him Competition Boss Equipment and charged him 800 bucks ! With no Warranty and 100 grit sandpaper for when he tried to go return it.

First off there was no ripping off.. You are kind of dumb if you pay first research later.. ripping you off would be agreeing on one price and asking for more once they finished.. or not giving you what was agreed upon. or terrible work..

I'm siding with CJ Sounds, at a shop people always want you to install total shit equipment all of the time. Its not like you don't know better, but a paying customer is a paying customer. At the shop I hang out alot at, I see this all the time. For example, I remember one time this guy brought in his own equipment - two brand new CVX 10's and a box that was just total shit. It got installed, sounded moderately terrible but thats all the guy was willing to spend. This is the same shop where 161 db vehicles come out of too so its not like the quality isn't there....the customers money isn't.
This.. although not always true on quality.. it really depends on who did your vehicle and what mood they were in.. I have seen plenty of horror threads from even the best shops but thats not the point.. point is you(OP) settled on a price and paid for it.. there was no tricks you hosed yourself.. I am sure you have a smart phone you could have checked the prices on the spot.. I never understand why people that are new into something don't check around for prices before buying the first thing they see

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.