Did I get ripped off?

900 watts of garbage and the Merlon woofers 2-300 watts at best 20-30 dollar woofers yea you got him and you know it that system should have been 350 tops installed and you know it.

The Herp Derp Version:

"This is Herp the owner of Derp Sounds Car Stereo and I wanted to take a herp to derp to this concern. First we herp alot of diffrent derp, including DiamondDerpin' Audio, Derpwin Vega and many more but this herp is what he derpped. This was a herp model box with derp new woofers and amplifier. We derp all of our herps for one year and have a lifetime warranty on herpderp and even have a 90 day derp up policy! We are a family business that is out to make a herp and a derp but not herpdydurp anyone. But 2 -12" woofers, box, amp, herp and derp with herpderp knob for under $500.00 isn't a bad herp. However I do tell anyone when they walk in our store we are not the cheapest, but if you want quality derp you are in the right herp.

Lastly, the 2500d derp is a Derp Class amp with a single power rail, 1 ohm stable and puts out 900 watts Herp, I have not herped or derped from anyone that has purchased this derp and had any herps..."

You can not consider yourself a "QUALITY" shop by properly installing SHOTTY equipment, at SHOTTY prices...good install or not.
#1 its "shoddy" not "shotty"... read a book...

#2 you guys are talking internet prices "$30 woofers" in brick and mortar there is no such thing as a $30 woofer

#3 Edited...

#4 not "ripping him off" when you aren't shopping on the net and not installing yourself that's what gear costs... I wouldn't pay it... but it is what it is... FYI renting a building and paying people and utilities isn't cheap... so prices go up... if you don't like it.. do what I do.. install your own **** you bought online..

#5 No I don't know this CJ sounds place... no i don't work there...and I don't own it... but stop this "ripped him off" crap... it's juvenile garbage

I'm siding with CJ Sounds, at a shop people always want you to install total shit equipment all of the time. Its not like you don't know better, but a paying customer is a paying customer. At the shop I hang out alot at, I see this all the time. For example, I remember one time this guy brought in his own equipment - two brand new CVX 10's and a box that was just total shit. It got installed, sounded moderately terrible but thats all the guy was willing to spend. This is the same shop where 161 db vehicles come out of too so its not like the quality isn't there....the customers money isn't.

Not everyone can install the wiring and stuff themselves so consider the install cost $150-$200 with wires. $250 for 2 12's and an amp isn't terrible. You guys have to think we were all new in car audio once. Don't be so rough on them.

This is Kevin the owner of Cj Sounds Car Stereo and I wanted to take a second to respond to this concern. First we sell alot of diffrent brands, including Diamond Audio, Cerwin Vega and many more but this system is what he choose. This was a floor model box with brand new woofers and amplifier. We warranty all of our products for one year and have a lifetime warranty on installation and even have a 90 day trade up policy! We are a family business that is out to make a profit but not overcharge anyone. But 2 -12" woofers, box, amp, wire and labor with bass knob for under $500.00 isn't a bad deal. However I do tell anyone when they walk in our store we are not the cheapest, but if you want quality work you are in the right place.Lastly, the 2500d amp is a D Class amp with a single power rail, 1 ohm stable and puts out 900 watts RMS, I have not seen or heard from anyone that has purchased this amp and had any problems...

I see you must have mistaken this forum for one that is made up entirely of adult's, I sorry to inform you you have made a severe mistake! It's a little more like sesame street if you place it in a urban environment make up of teenage mothers with no "baby's daddy's" and failing school system's, keep doing what your doing man no need to argue here, it's the equivalent to p*ssing in wind! No matter how right you are.

and OP for under a five hundred, new subs/amp/wire/enclosure/installation, not a bad price and not knowing anything at all about audio he could have screwed you and you would have took it with a smile not knowing any better.

No you didn't, I don't know why everyone thinks shops should do stuff for nothing. It takes time to do stuff right, most other businesses charge almost $100 an hour anymore. If you know almost nothing about car audio then I assume you couldn't have done it yourself, at least not right or as well.

Honestly, no you didn't. Despite what people think a full install is actually very expensive. I don't have the tools or time to do my own install and I just dropped over $200 to get everything installed from speakers to subs to a headunit, big 3, and more. But the thing is that expensive price tag was worth it for me in convenience and the fact that I simply didn't have the tools. If you enjoy your system than $450 installed is not bad at all. Granted you could have got better stuff for the same price online and had it installed and you could have had a better $450 system, at least it's not like they charged you $1000.

Businesses need to make money, and it's not screwing somebody over by selling them a service. If you enjoy it who really cares if you could have saved a nickel here or a dime here, just enjoy it and hopefully you can liquidate it for a bit cash back in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.