did i blow my memphis mojo already?

i can rebuild //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
max voltage input is 5v on that amp. if you have 4v outputs u clipped the amp pretty hard.
wait what do you mean? i have 4v outputs from my aftermarket deck and the amp said .5v-5v input so isnt this in the right range? (My deck is an avh-p4000dvd so it has 2 4v preamp outputs) having 4v outputs would cause the amp to clip? how much would it cost to rebuild it?

in case anyone was wondering it is blown the coils are reading about .8 ohms.

noobs will be noobs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

If your voltage is 4v and you put that on a 5v MAX amp then your gains will be set alot lower than someone with 2v pre outs. its the power coming from your headunit and if you are giving out to much power you will get a clipped signal which is proven to be the death of alot of subs and amps. send that mojo off the splaudio and he will make it take that 1500 true watts @ 1 ohm

The gain knob is opposite what you think. The very minimum would be 5V and the gain maxed would be .5V. Basically what it's doing is matching the input voltage level. So the higher the input voltage, the lower the gain on the amp needs to be to get maximum power output.

The gain knob is opposite what you think. The very minimum would be 5V and the gain maxed would be .5V. Basically what it's doing is matching the input voltage level. So the higher the input voltage, the lower the gain on the amp needs to be to get maximum power output.
This.

memphisguy87- go choke on a **** and dont antagonize people. someone blows a sub and you rub it in? your cool

bubbagumper6 thanks for the info i understand where i fucked that up now.

It would be worthwhile for you to set your gain with a DMM the next time. It's not difficult.
Gain Setting Tutorial
So I am pretty sure that i am going to send my sub to splaudio for him to rebuild it and upgrade its power handling to 1500w rms. i am for sure going to use a multimeter to adjust the gain this time. 2 questions though where do i find a 50hz sine wave track, and what voltage do i want my amp to read? The chart on the tutorial is only for the jl amps so where can i find one for my audiopipe?

So I am pretty sure that i am going to send my sub to splaudio for him to rebuild it and upgrade its power handling to 1500w rms. i am for sure going to use a multimeter to adjust the gain this time. 2 questions though where do i find a 50hz sine wave track, and what voltage do i want my amp to read? The chart on the tutorial is only for the jl amps so where can i find one for my audiopipe?
1108845-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

If you cant post on this forum, you can do some google-ing

ok nvm to those questions i figured out you just need to use ohms law to calculate it. sqrt(desired power x ohms)=voltage you need. but i dont know what ohm value to put in here... my amp is running at a 1 ohm load and my sub is 2 ohm dvc. so do i use 1 ohm or 2 ohm to calculate the voltage? and would it be alright to tune the amp while the bass remote is at max? it says not to but i would just like to be able to easily control my bass with the bass knob.

ok nvm to those questions i figured out you just need to use ohms law to calculate it. sqrt(desired power x ohms)=voltage you need. but i dont know what ohm value to put in here... my amp is running at a 1 ohm load and my sub is 2 ohm dvc. so do i use 1 ohm or 2 ohm to calculate the voltage? and would it be alright to tune the amp while the bass remote is at max? it says not to but i would just like to be able to easily control my bass with the bass knob.
If you're going to use the knob, then that would be the safest way to go about it.

Let SPLAudio build it, he rebuilt my mojo and it slams //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

He'll build it tough, once you get it back tune your amp right, send it a clean signal, and it'll hound all day without flinching //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Here's my mojo he rebuilt for me:

My gain is roughly 1/3 to 1/2 up on my Audiopipe amps, but that's for competition. You were pushing it little too hard. Mojo's can handle plenty of power, but it has to be clean power.

sqrt( 1500w * 1 ohm) = 39 V AC

Using the 50 Hz tone, and the volume at your maximum listening level (side speakers). Keep Bass Boost off, remote knob UP, and set the crossover where you want it. Without subs attached, dial in the gain to deliver 40 V AC output or less.

As long as you treat the gear right this time, it'll be reliable. Feel free to ask questions.

Some bass knobs are a bass booster, some are a gain attenuator. Bass boost types can easily push your amp into clipping if not used properly. But the better style, gain attenuators, simply attenuate the gain from your current setting via the knob. In other words, you will only get the full output of your amplifier, at the gain position you have it set at, if the bass knob is set to max. Its a good design to use if you have an overpowering sub stage, like most people do here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.