powerbass xl84 8" sub.

Participant count
  • Participant list

akheathen
Premium Member

trianoacitol contraceptiv
anyone run one? i have only used one powerbass 10" sub before, and was quite impressed with the output. i'm about to buy one online, and looking to see if anyone else has tried it out and how it was. trying to get something better than my diamond d3 8" which gets pretty **** loud for what it is, and being in .33 sealed on 100rms. gonna try out as many as i can, and thought this looks good. was going to go with an sa, or something similar, but just can't seem to catch a break on one. appears to have a tall roll surround, and hopefully should shake things good.

thanks

-Heath H-

seems like a decent sub. has a pretty high sensitivity. dont forget about the E8 too. i have one ported on 300 watts and it shakes my single cab trucks side mirrors

my diamond is already shaking the mirrors, and vibrating my back, andi'm sure it'll take more juice. i'm looking to get something bigger and better sealed. was going to get the e-8, but they only want to ship ups, or fedex, can't remember, and they charge astronomical prices, so it's not worth it. the pb, i can get free shipping from amazon. i do like to hear that it has good sensitivity. that is always a real good sign.

@cyn

did you happen to note the difference, once breaking the thing in? i just got a peak at the specs, and they are way off from what they could be. says "6mm x-max", with a high-roll surround and fairly large, albeit stiff, spider. i'm sure a nice free-air break-in would more than tipple what the sub is right out of the box. i went with it based on my past experience with pb subs...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

akheathen

Premium Member
trianoacitol contraceptiv
akheathen
Anchorage AK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date