diamond audio?? any good..

rregl
10+ year member

Pa
I was looking at these subs.. Diamond Audio Technologies - D3 Subwoofers diamond audio d310.2 2 ohm..

I was just curious if anyone was running them.. I am looking for a daily bumper with decent spl and decent sq.. I had a sony xplod that I am replacing.. and looking to maybe get a bit more.. without spending much more than it would cost to replace..

what I need.. 400rms.. dvc 2ohm so I can run it series mono for a 4 ohm load.. sealed or ported.. good! no BP... Price limit under 150! would like to stay around 10" or under due to a small trunk and would like to still have some room..

going into a 240 sx coupe...

Thanks Guys.. any helps appreciated.. as my cost level is putting me into brands I find unkown!

looks really nice.. looks like it hits harder than the sony by the videos.. but your running two so I'm not sure how much difference that will make..

I may try.. but I'm not sold yet..

dude it will blow that sony **** out of the water. these drivers have very good sq also. they're rated 400rms, but i'm sending them 600rms with absolutely no problems at all.

^almost everything is better than sony

the diamond hex's are beasts. D3's are pretty nice, but for some nice budget subs i would go with a Audioque SDC2.5 or SSA Dcon...or maybe even a Sundown Sa-8

if I could get a hold of a sa-8 2 ohm.. I would like it.. my sa-12 outpounds all my friends gear.. and I cant even stand to turn it up all the way for more than a minute!

well I got a good deal on a 610 series sub.. guess its time to build a box.. are you guys running the 35hrtz filter? Thanks for the help guys..

i had a pair of 10" D3's a couple years back running off a RF T1000.1 and it POUNDED! Sounded great as well. One of my better setups I have ever had. But something about my old alumapro alchemy's, i think I would run those over the D3's.

Diamond is a very respectable company. Sony not so much anymore. I used to run some of their hu years ago. Even those have fell by the wayside in quality today.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.