Designing box

Participant count
  • Participant list
I will be building 2 separate boxes one for each sub they are sundown x12 on there site this is the box they suggest with measurements and everything. Is This a good design or would it be like prefab?
09b3a587a2d5bd39f2de234b10dc3a4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I will be building 2 separate boxes one for each sub they are sundown x12 on there site this is the box they suggest with measurements and everything. Is This a good design or would it be like prefab?
"Prefab" usually refers to a box built with a one-sub-fits-all mentality. IOW, not designed specifically for the driver that is placed in it. If those specs are from the manufacturer, Im sure they are designed it around the speaker itself, and you'll be fine.

Yea it's on the site. Go to sub x 12 then at the bottom it says design and it will download it for the sketch up app
Yes.. it is a good design... you had the L7's previously did you not?.. Power those X's right in that box and you'll be blown away...

Would this design make it sound good? Or is there a better design for them. I want a clean sound mostly listen to rap
Yes... it'll be fine with this design or the dual design... either way you could get a box built but the Sundown box is probably fine... I've never heard of anyone building one then complaining about lack of lows...

Would this design make it sound good? Or is there a better design for them. I want a clean sound mostly listen to rap
Stick with their recommended designs unless there's some compelling reason why you cannot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.