Design check, please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pitchblack98
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was wondering if someone could look over my design and check my math. Also provide any opinions or suggestions on the design. Doesn't hurt to try and make it better.

This is going in my extended cab Nissan Frontier. It consists of (2) Alpine Type R 12's running off of (2) MRD-M1005's. Subs are going to be mounted on the front and the port facing up in the passanger corner of the cab.

Much appreciated!

TruckBox02.png

should take the amps off the box.
I was thinking about that, but I dont really have anywhere else to put them in the truck. I was thinking about putting some of the left over edead I have on the top of the box under the amps. I planned to trim them out and cover the top of the box so you would only see the tops of the amp. I could probably put one in each of the side areas where the jump seat and jack used to be. Not sure where to put the third amp and the 3sixty.2.

you failed on the corners of the box...make sure you know which pieces overlap which, otherwise your dimensions will be off...
Yeah I haven't gotten to the point of putting a cut list together yet so I wasn't concerned about drawing it up showing individual pieces. I'll do that after I have everything the way I want it. I'll draw up a 3d wire frame of it showing all of the pieces so I can pull them off and make a list of my exact cuts.

i honestly had no issues with my amp on my box. but i didnt have it long to really see anything happen. i just know alot of people say the vibrations and loosen some of the internalls.
Yeah and they're all full of crap. I've been doing it since I got into car audio and I've never had an amp fail.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.