Need help with a DD 9515 box

wow....look on DD's site they have box specs for that sub....use the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search.gif.e79a63b2b580b39b282dff402646b704.gif button before posting another thread about stuff..i'm sure there are plenty of builds using a 9515(or more)

Cmon man........ why would somebody get a 9515? He wants to hear those Gangsta beats.
Well I ran one and I'm not Gangsta //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Sounded **** good on R&B and old school hip hop though...

Slot or aero will be fine for daily, a slot is just going to be cheaper. You can tune a little higher and still get pretty good low end on the 9515's

imo, 4cubes with around 71" of port.

for tuning, id recomend 38-40hz, it will get the lows just fine. my dd setups are tuned to 37-38hz

with 4 cubes and 71" of port:

40hz- 20.5" long

38hz- 24" long

35hz- 29.75" long

your sub with thoes specs tuned to 38hz should have no problem playing down 26hz and still have good cone controll.

-vic

thanks guys, sorry it took me so long to reply, had no internet access. what are the advantages of having auroports?

the box is going in a commodore station wagon, i thinking of having the subs up and the port/s facing back. will this sound the best?

im planning on getting 2 9515s now

thanks guys, sorry it took me so long to reply, had no internet access. what are the advantages of having auroports? the box is going in a commodore station wagon, i thinking of having the subs up and the port/s facing back. will this sound the best?

im planning on getting 2 9515s now
1. ease of construction

2. Needs 1/2 of port area of a conventional slot port

3. Lowers Port noise due to shape

Assuming you can make it fit I'd do subs up/port back. 8.5cubes @ 38Hz with 136^2 of port area. Feed the subs 2k+ each and you'll be loud.

Slot port in the middle will be fine and add extra bracing to the enclosure.

i dont know the exact dimensions are. here is a pic of the type of car it is going in:

fns36h.jpg

i want the box to take up the whole boot, but i want it level with the seat so i can still see out the back window. i was hoping to go 35hz. how many auroports should i need? what size? does it matter where on the box they go?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.