deh-p860mp question

Not having internal amps gives the designers space to put other stuff like balanced RCA outputs and high voltage preouts without making the HU bigger. In theory there should be a price advantage too for leaving those parts out.

The standby power of 4 amp channels without load should only be a couple watts. Yes, it'll add a bit of heat but it should be insignificant. I agree with you that they get mighty hot when you run speakers tho.

Why some models allow turning them off is a mystery to me. Maybe they figure people will have speakers connected and want to turn them off? Maybe it's just marketing hoopla.

Or maybe I'm fulla ****. Wouldn't be the first time...

my old clarion HU didn't have an internal amp and that thing got hotter than a mother******, the cd's would be hot as hell when changing them. I now have the 860 (which is why i clicked on this thread) and the cd's are barely warm when changing them. So i don't think the internal amp has too much effect on the heat issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pwnt by pat

10+ year member
Pat for Prez 2024 - vote!
pwnt by pat
Pa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date