Deciding between these 6x8s

If you aren't going to amp the speakers or add a subwoofer, it makes little difference. In fact, you'd probably be better off with your stock speakers....unless they're blown.

Come on....cut the guy some slack. Maybe he's using stock speakers or he doesn't want or can't afford an amp.
We gave the guy an honest answer. If you aren't going to amp your speakers, there's no point in purcashing them in the first place. His factory cd player's internal amp might be 5 - 10 watt rms. With such a small amount of power, what's the point in "upgrading" your speakers?

We gave the guy an honest answer. If you aren't going to amp your speakers, there's no point in purcashing them in the first place. His factory cd player's internal amp might be 5 - 10 watt rms. With such a small amount of power, what's the point in "upgrading" your speakers?
He says in the first post he has a jvc headunit.

If you aren't going to amp the speakers or add a subwoofer, it makes little difference. In fact, you'd probably be better off with your stock speakers....unless they're blown.
This is true. It can end up sounding worse than your stock speakers in some cases. Especially laking mid bass. Just trying to help, I've seen it before several times.

He says in the first post he has a jvc headunit.
My mistake. I haven't revisited the opening post since I first read it...

EDIT: Even if it is an aftermarket cd player, the internal amplifier is likely 10 - 15 watts per channel (if that). My point is still pretty valid...

If I get the alpine iDA-X305 which puts out 18 W x 4 RMS, will it blow my stock speakers in my car? I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe. Also, would it be wise for me to upgrade to these: Pioneer TS-D6802R (tsd6802r) 6" x 8" Speakers Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

I know they have high RMS, but wouldn't it still be louder and better than my stock speakers, since they need to be able to keep up a little with my 15" SDC2.5 that I'm putting in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.