Deciding between these 6x8s

If I get the alpine iDA-X305 which puts out 18 W x 4 RMS, will it blow my stock speakers in my car? I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe. Also, would it be wise for me to upgrade to these: Pioneer TS-D6802R (tsd6802r) 6" x 8" Speakers Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix
I know they have high RMS, but wouldn't it still be louder and better than my stock speakers, since they need to be able to keep up a little with my 15" SDC2.5 that I'm putting in.
threadjackmuch? but the answer to your question is no.

Alright, thanks man. I'm just hoping they can take high volumes without plowing from the new HU, since I'm gonna want to blast it cause of the bass.

Alright, thanks man. I'm just hoping they can take high volumes without plowing from the new HU, since I'm gonna want to blast it cause of the bass.
Yeah, you're going to need to upgrade your front stage & add an amplifier...

I haven't slept in a very long time, man. You've gotta overlook me sometimes.
Take a look at these: Rockford Fosgate Power T152S 5-1/4" Component Systems - eBay (item 350314565737 end time Mar-09-10 21:29:51 PST)

I have 4 pairs of these components and have no problem saying they're much nicer than their $100 pricetag. If you properly deaden and seal your doors, they'll give you pretty nice midbass. They're built like a tank too...
Hmm, research time...

EDIT: Ok, research over with. Looks like a great buy IMO.

everyone saying that he needs to upgrade to an amplifer to get better output are all dumbasses.

if you are going off of headunit power, find a low RMS driver with a low frequency response, and you WILL have better output. standard speakers in those fords are horrible (im forced to use them at the moment)

From personal experience, kicker has a few 20-30rms drivers that perform very well on low power. I would look there first.

everyone saying that he needs to upgrade to an amplifer to get better output are all dumbasses.
So, a pair of 20 - 30 watt rms Kicker coaxials are on par with an amplified set of properly installed components? News to me. It's good to know this information, though. It'll save me a fortune in the future...

So, a pair of 20 - 30 watt rms Kicker coaxials are on par with an amplified set of properly installed components? News to me. It's good to know this information, though. It'll save me a fortune in the future...
lol, did i say that at all? Learn how to read. i am telling the dumb****s who said it's futile to replace stock speakers without adding an amp that they are wrong.

he wanted to replace his shitty speakers, not spend more $$$ and do a full fronstage revamp.

ford stock, standard speakers rate out to 4RMS. Fact: most 20rms drivers (such as the kicker, im not talking **** speakers here), WILL outperform those speakers off of headunit power.

lol, did i say that at all? Learn how to read. i am telling the dumb****s who said it's futile to replace stock speakers without adding an amp that they are wrong.
he wanted to replace his shitty speakers, not spend more $$$ and do a full fronstage revamp.

ford stock, standard speakers rate out to 4RMS. Fact: most 20rms drivers (such as the kicker, im not talking **** speakers here), WILL outperform those speakers off of headunit power.
I know how to read, smartass. I was joking, but I guess that was lost on your superior intellect.

jeez.

But I did recommend amping some decent replacement speakers, so I guess I'm one of the dumbasses...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.