Deciding between these 6x8s

If headunit power is 18x4, does that mean each speaker is getting 18 watts? And shouldn't those speakers easily outperform the stock ford speakers if so?

If headunit power is 18x4, does that mean each speaker is getting 18 watts? And shouldn't those speakers easily outperform the stock ford speakers if so?
If the cd player is giving them a true 18 watts rms each (which is debatable), and the speakers have low power handling, it'll be a small upgrade over stock speakers. Buying & amping higher quality speakers is a significant upgrade that'll yield more volume and better midbass.

Whether you want your upgrade to be small or significant is up to you...

lol, did i say that at all? Learn how to read. i am telling the dumb****s who said it's futile to replace stock speakers without adding an amp that they are wrong.
he wanted to replace his shitty speakers, not spend more $$$ and do a full fronstage revamp.

ford stock, standard speakers rate out to 4RMS. Fact: most 20rms drivers (such as the kicker, im not talking **** speakers here), WILL outperform those speakers off of headunit power.
Exactly the point I was trying to make at the beginning of this thread......Some guys just don't get it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.