Decent quality decent specs for a 2way active amplifier

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
looking to run a 2way active system. tweeter and 6 1/2

speakers will probable be massive ct2 tweeters rated at 80 watts RMS

woofer will probably be SB acoustics SB17 rated at 60 watts rms
or silver flute rated at 80 watts rms

I was looking at the Sony xm-gs4 amplifier rated at 70x4 CEA SN ratio 93DdA THD .05% Signal to noise ratio 100db videos online show to do over rated power
price $249 with most stores.

what other options on an amplifier would you use for this setup?

Pioneer GM-D8604 or the newer one the 8704. Cheaper then the Sony along with more wattage as well all. Can pick them up for around 150-220 used or new or refurbished. I got mine recently for 150 shipped NIB on DIYMA.

I like that Sony as well, looked at it before picking up that Pioneer. Last year or the year before those Sony amplifiers were going for something like 125 dollars then everyone figured out that they were really good like the Sony of the old days. That Pioneer though is no slouch and has a good rep and does more then rated.

Also pop poses a good question on this setup you want to do.

If they had it cheaper I’d pick it up but for the same price you can get the SQ or Sundowns. Only problem is they are quite bulky if that matters to you.

I picked up the Sony for a decent price. If it does not give the power and performance I am looking for, I can sell it and pick something different.

Thanks for the help. I also have a speaker question if the speaker forum if someone wants to point me in the right direction on that question also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...