Deadning the WRX

After looking through this thread, ive gotta say that looks to be one of the best built newer cars ive seen torn apart, and ive torn apart several hondas, ,nissans, toyotas etc. All those braces and stuff factory? Good job on the deadening btw, how much does the protecto wrap go for?

After looking through this thread, ive gotta say that looks to be one of the best built newer cars ive seen torn apart, and ive torn apart several hondas, ,nissans, toyotas etc. All those braces and stuff factory? Good job on the deadening btw, how much does the protecto wrap go for?
my boy has a black one 2008 they are nice i gotta say that i like the way they look now alot more than the older body style wrx's used to have too... subarus are quality cars they run forever.

Josh your cool as hell and all bro, but why you going to argue with him over this???? it aint needed, he did what he felt necessary to HIS car. bashing him aint needed. if it works, it works, just leave it at that bro.
i was cool til he copped an attitude over me trying to help him lol i was trying to share my experience with him so he didnt fail miserably like it has a million times for everyone that uses it. lol. i shoulda stopped when i seen he was only 19 and he didnt buy the car anyhow, but your right broseph un-needed arguement lol.

Everything except the rear strut bar is factory. Protecto wrap 6" x 50ft roll goes for 16.99 or 17.99 by me.

They have a 9" x 33ft roll i believe that is like 21.xx

my boy has a black one 2008 they are nice i gotta say that i like the way they look now alot more than the older body style wrx's used to have too... subarus are quality cars they run forever.
I wasnt a fan of the 08+ hatches or sedans but they grew on me a little. but the new 2011 sedans and wagons are *** s. Although they dont look as distinct as the used to.

i was cool til he copped an attitude over me trying to help him lol i was trying to share my experience with him so he didnt fail miserably like it has a million times for everyone that uses it. lol. i shoulda stopped when i seen he was only 19 and he didnt buy the car anyhow, but your right broseph un-needed arguement lol.
God **** man you are still going? Just stop. You are making yourself look like an idiot now.

God **** man you are still going? Just stop. You are making yourself look like an idiot now.
Um he was referring to my post about him bashing you. You seem like you mean well so I'll say this. Jtosmics intention was good I'll admit it, but honestly you flew off the deep end. Take the bits of advice/opinions/thoughts that you feel are good, the rest just ignore bro.

On another note what audio gear is going in here, if any?

im in the process of deadening myself.

ive used that stuff in the past but was never impressed, and everytime i have used or seen it used it did end up pealing.

so this time i picked up 75ft of Audio technix 80mil and am doing it right...

What I SAY!!!

Pinkie_Pie_haters_gonna_hate.gif

Well i had quick roof on my roof for over 2 years in my BLACK 280z and it never came down but like i said it stinks like rubber for 2 days and it's just budget material. Of course it's not damplifier but if you use it and tap on the body you hear a difference so I suspect that something is working somewhere to add mass to alter the sound.

HOWEVER if your gonna do the whole car I would suggest grabbing RaaMat or damplifier like in your doors because the quick roll just isn't heavy enough, you'll need multiple layers and then it loses the cost effectiveness of buying a better product. Either that or get a liquid application like Spectrum and paint over the quick roof OR you can also seal the edges with foil tape which would also help if your worried about it dropping off the roof if you decide to do the roof.

Um he was referring to my post about him bashing you. You seem like you mean well so I'll say this. Jtosmics intention was good I'll admit it, but honestly you flew off the deep end. Take the bits of advice/opinions/thoughts that you feel are good, the rest just ignore bro.
On another note what audio gear is going in here, if any?
Only audio gear that is in is a pair of sony ht mids that have more bass than anything i have ever heard of running with a soundstream crossover and tweets.

Honestly i dont even need a sub. plays into the 40's no problem.

Ill have to get a video of it.

Only audio is the compset and my pioneer 490ib that i have had for 2 years. got tired of constantly switching things in and out etc so im just selling everything and maybe in a little while ill get something again.

Im doing it mostly for road noise and to help with the loud exhaust.

im in the process of deadening myself.
ive used that stuff in the past but was never impressed, and everytime i have used or seen it used it did end up pealing.

so this time i picked up 75ft of Audio technix 80mil and am doing it right...
All i could afford at the moment, and for what i want it is working good enough so far. Time will tell though.

What I SAY!!!
Pinkie_Pie_haters_gonna_hate.gif

Well i had quick roof on my roof for over 2 years in my BLACK 280z and it never came down but like i said it stinks like rubber for 2 days and it's just budget material. Of course it's not damplifier but if you use it and tap on the body you hear a difference so I suspect that something is working somewhere to add mass to alter the sound.

HOWEVER if your gonna do the whole car I would suggest grabbing RaaMat or damplifier like in your doors because the quick roll just isn't heavy enough, you'll need multiple layers and then it loses the cost effectiveness of buying a better product. Either that or get a liquid application like Spectrum and paint over the quick roof OR you can also seal the edges with foil tape which would also help if your worried about it dropping off the roof if you decide to do the roof.
Im probably not doing the roof just because i dont feel like taking my headliner down. i put a few small strips of the protecto wrap on the inside of my front door panels and it definitely helped a bit as far as not making the door sound like the tin can it is.

If its for road noise you need to get a set of ramps or jack the car up and spray the undercarriage, They'd say to use spectrum or sludge or something which is good but you could use por-15 spray which might be cheaper, i never looked at the cost really.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.