Deadener Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

xShoWTeKx
10+ year member

Drop Bass Not Bombs
Greer S.C.
Ok so me and a friend have been building a fox body coupe striped interior, changed paint color, and all that jazz. Since the stock foam type stuff was covered in rat shit and such he wants to replace it. I'm looking for a cheap alternative to replace it with. Just wanting to eliminate some road noise and a little bit of the ridiculously loud exhaust.

Lining the vehicle with closed cell foam will help with rattles but will not make a useful improvement in noise levels, certainly no help with exhaust noise. You really need a heavy barrier to reduce noise levels. That turns out to be tough to do on the "super cheap". Best bet is probably to add some vibration damper to take the edge off and just enjoy the sound.

Lining the vehicle with closed cell foam will help with rattles but will not make a useful improvement in noise levels, certainly no help with exhaust noise. You really need a heavy barrier to reduce noise levels. That turns out to be tough to do on the "super cheap". Best bet is probably to add some vibration damper to take the edge off and just enjoy the sound.
Ok thanks, that's cool if we can't get rid of the exhaust noise it's dumped under the cab anyway that was just kind of a dream lol. we ripped nearly all of the factory deadener out (left just firewall) so anything can only help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.