DD 512 with factory Bose - need upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

89Vette
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Okay, I have 1 DD512 and a Kole 620 watt amp in the back wall of a chevrolet avalanche. I am not sure what its wired or the RMS though. But I want something louder and there's something with the sound that I am not really happy about, but not sure what it is. It could be because the box was made for like a 95 series and I am using a 500 series?

So should I upgrade the H/U now and do a sub+amp later? Or upgrade sub and amp now and don't worry about the H/U?

help? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Know what I'm talking about?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I really dont know..

But it is ported.. I went to a speaker shop here in town today and they said it was sounding bad because it was tuned to about 90 Hz, or about the same as my mids and if I bought a H/U then it would get rid of most of it?

yeah he also said he would adjust the lows and highs on the amp.. can I do that myself and it will fix? I really dont understand any of that though so I'm kinda lost with adjusting the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.