DC Lvl 5 18 Box Build in a trunk.. Ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pimpdaddyq
10+ year member

Owner: Quicks Car Audio
Clinton Iowa
Never messed with one of these woofers, and going to be building a box for an 18 in an Altima's trunk.. I've built TONS of boxes in the past but finally I want to get some ideas from everyone for how to do it this time..

Looks like I've got 32 wide, 24 deep, 18 tall or so for maximum space for the outer dimensions to go in and sit right in the trunk.. I was thinking sub up, slot port to the side, which is what Ive had best luck with in my former trunk setup similar to this..

Any tips, ideas, etc for this? Also if someone is willing, a whole box idea for design etc.. I'm ready to build whenever, and am fine with what I have in mind, but figured I'd see what everyone thought..

Going to do a build log, all MDF, Dbl Faced, 45s in corners, custom terminals on the box.. Just comment and let me know what you all think.. Thanks everyone.. I appreciate everything!

The trunk opening is big, and right now Ive got 32 Wide, 16 tall, and 24 deep.. itll fit through the opening and sit nicely in the trunk.. how big should I do the port? if i did a side port I can only do 14.5 tall and like 4.5 wide because of how deep the box is and having the 18 firing up leaves not much room, but he knows he can only work with what space we have.. Or should I do a couple aero ports? And also depending on the size, how long it should be.. I use WinISD normally but wanna see what everyone thinks..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.