fiberglass over dynamat?

flatland
10+ year member

is this possible?

im kicking around the idea of makin a fiberglass piece to mount to the underside of the trunk lid.

anyone know if this is possible, or should i pull the dynamt off, and work with wood first then go over it with fiberglass?

thought i would start this thread to save myself, and maybe others some time , and money .

Do you want it to stick to the deadener? it will for a short time but a few trunk closes and it's going to let go. Now if you plan on using some push pin fasteners or something to hold it on, go for it. Just tape over the deadener before you laminate. Then pop your mold, pull off the tape, and you should have an exact negative copy of your trunk lid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do you want it to stick to the deadener? it will for a short time but a few trunk closes and it's going to let go. Now if you plan on using some push pin fasteners or something to hold it on, go for it. Just tape over the deadener before you laminate. Then pop your mold, pull off the tape, and you should have an exact negative copy of your trunk lid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i was just looking to do a trim piece to make it look a bit cleaner when the trunk lid is open.

this answered my question. kinda what i was thinking i was going to have to do , but its always good to have postive feedback to validate a specific question myself , or someone else might have here.

so thank you

yea i wasnt sure if you jsut wanted to dress up the trunk or if you were wanting to put like speakers or some sort of screen. but if what the dude said above would work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.