dc level 3's or rockford fosgate T2D412?

ugh, now some people are saying i should get memphis audio power reference 12" subs (15-PR12D4V2) instead of the DC's. what do you guys think?
those are entry level memphis subs...a lvl 3 will sodomize those subs

I just got my level 3's installed yesterday and I absolutely love the sound of them. I'm running sealed also and also off about 1800 rms (os rf bd1500). On all the music I've played so far they sound great and get pretty loud for being in a sealed enclosure. I do have a little cone area on you though , mine are 18's sealed in 8 cubes for the pair in an suv.

You can put 4`s sealed. Trust me. If you couldn`t, then I am pretty sure Rusty (the guy who made and designed them) would say explicitly not to.
Rusty is out to make money, so he isn't going to say to not run them in a sealed box. Nearly every company says that their woofer works well in damn near every application.

The lvl4's(minus the 18" version) are just not good sealed box subs. The 18" can actually give you a f3 in the 30's, but the smaller sizes cannot. Lvl3's, besides the 10" version, are very well suited for sealed and 4th order BP installs.

are you 100% positive? have you heard both in person?
yes, and it wasnt even close. The output on the DCs is significantly better then the memphis. Although, I will admit, in this particular setup I heard, the sq of the memphis was just as good as DC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.