dc level 3's or rockford fosgate T2D412?

maxmar04
10+ year member

hell
2 12" dc level 3's

or

1 12" RF T2D412 (new 2010 model)

looking for a more SPL setup but would like some SQ aswell. dont recommend another sub these r my only options

i know u will probably say DC bc its more cone area but ive seen vids of these T2's and they look like they slam pretty hard.

ive had punch stage 2 12s, they were loud but they didnt have good sq at all. i have a dc lvl 3 15 and it gets loud and sounds decent.

the t2 is more spl oriented, maybe it has better sq than the punch series because it has better parts, but idk.

never ran dc

ran 1 each 12" t2

ran 2 each t2 15"

i do not like them compared to so many other subs

i bought them at dealer cost

so i can assume when you say you get them cheap that you are paying dealer cost

so if your paying $325-$400 for a T2 12 than i can recommend so many other subs in 12" that sound better and get louder

but you only want t2 or dc like i said never ran dc

guess i can only help by saying i would not spend $325 - $400 for a t2

2 each 12" > 1 each 12"

Last edited by a moderator:
With 1500 RMS, I'd go with the DCs. They will be able to handle that power just fine, their will be more motor force, + more cone area. DC hands down. Make sure you put them in a good box, don't skimp on that.

DCs, double the cone area, and honestly, the difference in sq would likely be negligible
When Rockford classifies it as their SPL sub, after hearing their P2s, oh lord I'm sure the T2 sounds awful. And with hands on experience with the DCs, they sound good. Overall I'm saying better SPL and SQ with the DCs.

Overall I'm saying better SPL and SQ with the DC
I agree that this is likely the case. I havent actually heard either sub in anything except an spl oriented setup..so I am not 100% sure, but I absolutely believe the DC could sound a fair amount better

thanks guys. im goin with DC. i ordered a memphis audio 1500 mono amp and depending on how much i can get 2 level4's for i might go with them instead of lvl 3's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.