DC Level 3 handling?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif not your buddy, so don't call me that ever, and break in is bullsh1tty myth. A few days loosened those subs up.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

yes a myth sir.

God i bet you clipped the F u c k outta them.

In 34-36 tuning? Those spiders wore out. AQ has this problem. You can't assume sh1t since your asking if you should be running 1100 watts each to your stock level 3's.
Im not asking if i should there bud.

Im asking if anyone has and how they handle them.

completely different

I've been messing with car audio since I was about 14 years old, and later this month I'll turn 32. In all of those years, and hundreds of subwoofers, not once have a "broke in" a subwoofer. And guess what? Not once have I blown a subwoofer...

I am 13.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/partytime.gif.c93957d22b3fb208098e423485fd0404.gif

Im gonna blame it on your enclosure but cant be for sure without seeing how everything was ran.

I am 13.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/partytime.gif.c93957d22b3fb208098e423485fd0404.gifIm gonna blame it on your enclosure but cant be for sure without seeing how everything was ran.
Tell me how clipping wore out the spiders. You still haven't answered.

I never said clipping did.

I said i bet you clipped the **** out of them.

So either way spider or not giving out they were getting fucked up from you treating them like $hit

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif not your buddy, so don't call me that ever, and break in is bullsh1tty myth. A few days loosened those subs up.
Break in is not a myth, all speakers DO break in. The common misconception is that you have to play them on low power, which is not the case.

However, playing a brand new sub with a tight suspension UNDER box tuning will tear it apart, the spiders simply aren't used to that kind of abuse.

My SDC 10" was on a AQ1200D at 2 ohm and the suspension was as tight as it was the day I bought it.

break in = myth
this is not tru with the SDCs IMHO.Ive owned sdc myself in which the first set i did not properly break in,and guess what spiders ripped on both subs.Second pair a had i broke them in for awhile before i played 800rms+ on them and never once have i had an issue with them.millertime and original OP are absolutely correct.

lulz at slappin actually discussing car audio, I thought he only belonged in the 'dome..
Slappin is multi-dimensional. Some call him the son of the morning. Others call him the angel of light.

Google it, son. I'm talking about the motherfucking devil. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

My buddy and my brother both had SDC2.5 12's

My brother's are 2 months old and my buddy's are about a year and the suspension on both feel identical

SDC's suspension are stiff forever

they are not meant to hit lows by any means

they are SPL subs for sure

I never said clipping did. I said i bet you clipped the **** out of them.

So either way spider or not giving out they were getting fucked up from you treating them like $hit
I did treat them like sh1t. I gave a rated 600 rms sub 1000 watts to it, Didn't like it, spider wore out because it can't handle it. Get back on topic with your level 3's, your making childish posts now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.