dblock and fuse question

Participant count
  • Participant list

maniackilla
10+ year member

cout<<"c++";
ive had a long peice of 4guage wire forever. now that i have a job im gonna be running 2 audiobahn flame Qs with a JBL 1200.1 @ 1ohm *a pretty good deal for the SPL i can get* . i also may run one of my somewhat lowend brand subs *performance teknique* off a 400watt nakamichi amp.

i just measured and i have enough 4guage to run form my battery to a dblock in my truck bed *bed cut hole //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif* im thinking ill run straight wire form the batt to the block. then id want 2 8 guage output to go to my jbl 1200.1 and possibly another 8 guage going to my naki amp, consider there would be 4 outputs. i know its pulling a lot of power from the battery and i dont have a fuse but would the dblock fuses be sufficient and not overload the beginning of the wire?

if this would be a problem ill just forget the 3rd 12 and stick with 2. i still want a dblock just for convenience and plan to run 2 8guage outputs to my jbl amp. this may sound kinda stupid to you guys but just in case i wanna change my setup its so much easier revolving around a dblock rather than all the way to the battery *like distance* any ideas for me?

the 4awg wire i acquired is platinum force^3 ..... its copper ... anyone heard of it?

You mean you don't have a fuse at the battery ? That's definitely not recommended ...
nooo lol ..... i have a copper 8awg wire currently, when i get my jbl1200.1 ill upgrade to this 4guage wire i have ... i havent needed it yet so its been sititng in my room

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.