Dayton 10" HO

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan5505
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Montana
So I picked up a 10" Dayton HO from parts express for $127. Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 10" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm

I put it in a sealed .85 ft^3 box. I've been listening to it for a couple days now. It is probably the best sound quality sub I have ever owned. I mostly listen to rock and electronic. This sub keeps up well and produces crisp clean bass. If you just like to vibrate things, this probably inst the sub for you.

I bought this sub to replace a 15" Fi Q. I found the Fi did not respond well at lower volumes. Things tend to sound a little muddy. The Fi loves the hip hop genre at high volume.

IMG_20110519_172734.jpg

IMG_20110519_172631.jpg

My friend is thinking about one of these for a simple SQ setup - how much power are you giving it? loud enough?

Thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have some boston acoustics sr 50 for the front. Do you think one of these boxed up in the trunk will be good enough for a camry? 2 of these? or just one 12? Like you, I do want some bass because i listen to a lot of hip hop, but good clean sound quality is what I prefer the most

they're a big hit over on DIYMA, i think they supposedly work best in .75 ported if i remember right. seems small but apparently that's where they like to be. Tons of threads on them over there.

Oh and OP, I think you need a few more AKs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

They work best in 0.7 cubes tuned to ~30hz.

Great subs! I own 2 and i refuse to say "they're good for the price you pay". That would be an understatement! They are just plain good! Point blank period! Some of the best SQ subs I've ever heard.

I have some boston acoustics sr 50 for the front. Do you think one of these boxed up in the trunk will be good enough for a camry? 2 of these? or just one 12? Like you, I do want some bass because i listen to a lot of hip hop, but good clean sound quality is what I prefer the most
get 2 of em or atleast one ported. i'm doing an SQ build but I do like to be able to crank it and flex a little sometimes and my 2 10s do just that. SQ is top notch and I wasnt expecting it, but they still flex my quarter panels and sunroof when I crank em up. Tune low like 29 to 30hz, make sure you seal your front doors with the comps to get the best midbass and you'll be happy! I know I am!

get 2 of em or atleast one ported. i'm doing an SQ build but I do like to be able to crank it and flex a little sometimes and my 2 10s do just that. SQ is top notch and I wasnt expecting it, but they still flex my quarter panels and sunroof when I crank em up. Tune low like 29 to 30hz, make sure you seal your front doors with the comps to get the best midbass and you'll be happy! I know I am!
Yea i have heard that these sound best when ported. I think im going with one of these ported, but a 12. I'm a little on the fence though, because I've read that the re audio SEx12-d4 is a little better. Anyone have any experience with them? I'm most likely sticking to the daytons but do any of you have experience with the RE ***? Ive read that that the model before was practically the same, but made in the U.S. These are made in China which is why im probably not going to get them

the RE is chinese made and no where near the old ones. Don't let the jack *** greg lie to you. He has been caught on video saying how much his customers are stupid and listen to what ever he says so he could sell garbage for high dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dan5505

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
dan5505
Montana
Start date
Participants