EQ PH-D2 Shredder Facelift/Review (For You Spooney)

f876f752.jpg

f14f8371.jpg

4ad00d43.jpg

Reviews are super sorted on this old school beast , some praise them to spl heaven , some **** them to hell. I PERSONALLY LOVE THIS AMP AND WANT TO BE BURIED WITH IT!!!

1K+ at 4 ohms , 2K+ at 2 ohms , and 2500+ at 1 ohm if you are brave and your electrical consists of at least 2 secondary batts. i ran it daily @ 1 ohm for a couple months with a stock 60a alt and 2 huge deep cycle batts and seen less than .5 volt drop @ full tilt. Best part is i dont know of too many 1K amps this small , let alone 2.5K+ , and better than the small footprint is the fact that it runs ice cold @ 1 ohm. (BTW , its rated as just 2 ohm stable , not 1) If this amp had a ****** i would **** it. Its the smexiest piece of audio i have ever owned.

And thats all before modding it , after the mod it gets scary. You will do one of 3 things with a modded one.

1: set your car on fire

2:set your subs on fire

3:set your termlab numbers on fire

I'm seriously considering rocking some EQ amps. I was looking at their 2 channels and they have retarded THD%'s.
idk if i would trust any of the new EQ products. hell , i dont trust this one.............known for flash fires just by looking at it wrong. But it sure packs a wallop and literally takes up no space.

idk if i would trust any of the new EQ products. hell , i dont trust this one.............known for flash fires just by looking at it wrong. But it sure packs a wallop and literally takes up no space.

Thats how it got the name as the coil shredder... Seen this and the d3 fry many of coils and it was not due to improper settings..

They were/are great amps if you can keep them alive. I ran a few and we had a teammate that used 12 of them, but had to switch because of continuing failures. That was before any mods to the amps.

Once the amp was moded and you start to abuse it, the failure rate was close to 80% but then again that is mainly in SPL lanes and extreme conditions.

I hope it serves you well though. When ours worked they were little monsters for sure.

The amp looks good man ! Glad you are happy with it and it feels good to see one of my repairs holding up so good after so long. I used these same amps when I competed in 2000-2001 and had very little trouble with them. Had a crazy battery setup though. I think I only nuked one in like 2 years.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Bassin Buick
Brandon , FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from