Dayton 10" HO

Status
Not open for further replies.
the RE is chinese made and no where near the old ones. Don't let the jack *** greg lie to you. He has been caught on video saying how much his customers are stupid and listen to what ever he says so he could sell garbage for high dollar.
I appreciate the advice! I'll be going with 12" dayton. Any recommendation on a amp for this baby since you guys have had them

i bought the 12" dvc ho dayton. And I got the boston amp you recommended. Just waiting for them to get everything installed. So Ported would be best for this right? Like i said before, this is my first audio system and I've been looking for the best way to set these up. I dont want to end up blowing the sub up.

With the power you have, you could go sealed or ported. Jus personal preference. I went ported with mine and iI love it. I've never modeled the 12 but I imagine it likes ssmall ported boxes as well. I'm sure pro rabbit or one of the box builders could get you a box design. I'm sure you'll love it bro. Mine impress me more and more everyday.

ima go with a small ported then. I messaged pro-rabbit but nothing. I'll have everything by fri and i just want to install my stuff already. As far as the dimensions of the box, what do you think will be best? And will tuning it to 29-30hz be fine for the 12 as well?

ima go with a small ported then. I messaged pro-rabbit but nothing. I'll have everything by fri and i just want to install my stuff already. As far as the dimensions of the box, what do you think will be best? And will tuning it to 29-30hz be fine for the 12 as well?
I would model it for you in WinISD but my laptop is acting up ATM so idk really on dimensions. As far as tuning, id say the 29 to 30 Hz tuning should still be good. All depends on what sound you're after too.

thanks man. Ill just ask the guy for a small ported box when I get the installation done. Hopefully he does a good job
Small is relative, if his small is 1.5cf then it will not sound very good. these subs are designed to go in tiny boxes. See if you can find a design on the web for him.

i just went to mobile enclosures. So they just make the design for you right? I'll do that then. You know you've basically picked out my entire system. There's a lot of pressure on you bro lol

i just went to mobile enclosures. So they just make the design for you right? I'll do that then. You know you've basically picked out my entire system. There's a lot of pressure on you bro lol
Haha. I'm sure you'll be satisfied if you're just after a nice clean bump. They get fairly loud too. I'm running the same power as u split between 2 HO 10s and pulled 135db on music today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dan5505

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
dan5505
Montana
Start date
Participants