Dayton 10" HO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small is relative, if his small is 1.5cf then it will not sound very good. these subs are designed to go in tiny boxes. See if you can find a design on the web for him.
You think I can find a good design online without having to pay for one? I'll start looking around then. Saving a few bucks would be really good at this moment.

i finally installed every single thing in my car, and i looooved the sound. But my **** subwoofer went out in the middle of the night. My bro had to take my car back to the installation place because im working, and they said i blew it out. Idk how thats possible when i was using a 800 watt amp. its 700 rms and 1000 max. Im really praying theyre full of crap, but can that really happen? I had it about 20 on the vol, so i didnt push it toooo hard

i finally installed every single thing in my car, and i looooved the sound. But my **** subwoofer went out in the middle of the night. My bro had to take my car back to the installation place because im working, and they said i blew it out. Idk how thats possible when i was using a 800 watt amp. its 700 rms and 1000 max. Im really praying theyre full of crap, but can that really happen? I had it about 20 on the vol, so i didnt push it toooo hard
holy fish dog shite! that sukcs! how did you set the amp gain?

honestly man, this was my first sound system ever, so I have no idea how they set it. If i knew how to do it myself i would have. But they did all the work. My components are still working so now that this has happened to my sub, is there any certain way you suggest i set the amp for the components? im gonna have someone look at the sub, idk if theres any way to repair it. Spending another 160 is really gonna hurt my pocket

honestly man, this was my first sound system ever, so I have no idea how they set it. If i knew how to do it myself i would have. But they did all the work. My components are still working so now that this has happened to my sub, is there any certain way you suggest i set the amp for the components? im gonna have someone look at the sub, idk if theres any way to repair it. Spending another 160 is really gonna hurt my pocket
if they set the gains its their fault! make them fix it! you werent running any bass boost or anything on the HU were you? did u just use all of the settings they had and played it? also whats the highest volume your HU goes to?

as for the comps, the "correct" way is with an Oscilloscope, there are a few that you can rent here on the forum to use. "dgaf" has a nice one. I borrowed his before and he's pretty cool as well. Personally, I set mine by ear but I wouldnt recommend most ppl do that unless you know exactly what youre listening for or have a specific reason to set by ear. (I dont ever really crank mine that high and I'm quick to back off my volume when I hear ANYTHING even if its something outside the car lol and I dont really like setting my gains to 3/4 HU volume because Im just weird and dont like seeing high volume numbers on my HU so I've always just gone by ear and have yet to blow a mid, midbass or tweeter ever since I've been in the game, but all of this is just me rambling so disregard lol) some ppl use the DMM method as well.

Parts express has some great customer service as well since you bought it thru them. But I'd take it up with the installer first depending on your answers to the above questions.

my uncle just checked the amp and said the gain was only tuned halfway up. as for the rest ill have to check when i get home. I guess I will email parts express right now. Hopefully they can help out. Im so bummed out right now

Take the sub out of the box and see if you can see exactly whats wrong with it.

Also, as long as you simply used the settings the shop set on the amp and HU, its their fault it blew. What kind of HU are you running?

*you may want to start a thread in the General discussion forum stating the issue you've had and see what others think as well. I'm blaming the shop so far.

Im at work but I think this is the hu I have Sony Xplod CDX-GT700HD.

It's my fault for taking it to pretty unprofessional place. There's about 10 spots in the same block and they fight for customers. I'll take the loss as a lesson learned. I emailed crutchfield and I am waiting on a reply. Either way, I absolutely loved the sound on the subwoofer and will probably end up getting another one regardless of what they're willing to do for me or not. I'll take it to a good place this time around though, just so they can check the components to see if they're set correctly and actually do a good job on the subwoofer. The weird thing is is that it was only tuned halfway on the amp so that's what's troubling me. Hopefully crutchfield is willing to work with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dan5505

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
dan5505
Montana
Start date
Participants