danger ranger build

so I know that putting my mids there is going to mess with sound imaging and what not... but there is a space issue that I have to deal with and I already explained that... but the good part is that I demo with either one or both doors open... being that its a small truck it has massive gains when a door is open... (my old setup gained 4dbs just from opening the door, and that was 4 dbs going from the window open to the door open...) well will see how it works though. worst case scenario, I hate it, rip it out, and put the stock panels back in.

You seem to have some skills, putem in the kick or something
I would if I have room.... thats the only bad part of sitting so far forward. its not uncomfortable because I normally sit like that but the problem is my long azz legs get in the way lol. I dont think it will be too bad because they are right at my side... i will be putting tweets in front of me somewhere I just dont know exactly where yet. the good thing is, all of it is removeable and I can change the positioning to my liking, as long as the space permits lmao

oh yeah... this is my final design of my wall. 12.xxx cu ft tuned to 34.xxxhz... for 2 AA chaos 18s on 4k. I may pull the baffle out in the future and throw 10 10's in there... thats later on though.

wall.png

I would if I have room.... thats the only bad part of sitting so far forward. its not uncomfortable because I normally sit like that but the problem is my long azz legs get in the way lol. I dont think it will be too bad because they are right at my side... i will be putting tweets in front of me somewhere I just dont know exactly where yet. the good thing is, all of it is removeable and I can change the positioning to my liking, as long as the space permits lmao
Be careful with mid tweeter separation. You might need to add a small mid range close to the tweeter. In the pillar or something.

Be careful with mid tweeter separation. You might need to add a small mid range close to the tweeter. In the pillar or something.
thanks for the help! ive never built a front stage before... but like I said im going to do some experimenting to see what I want. I may put a super tweet right in there with the mids... sq and imaging isnt really a big deal for me being that my lower frequencies cover up my mids and highs... if you catch my drift lol.

well if some of you were wondering why I havent started building... its because money is hella tight this month. next month I will start and hopefully finish by the end of sep. good thing school is starting because I have access to panel saws and large table saws. Im really excited to get this wall going.... but on a lighter note I installed my volt meter in my a pillar. looks pretty seqqsy. I just have to glass around it and wrap the pillars inn vinyl. pics will be posted when done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.