Cutting perfect circles

Just for fact 1" MDF will get you really sick if you try to cut it. Thats why they only sell it at specialty lumber yards. Your best bet is to get either 2 -1/2" and glue/screw them together after cutting holes or get 2 3/4" MDF and do the same. Always make sure to wear eye protection as well, the particles that come from MDF when cut are about the smallest dust you can find it will penetrate most fabrics with no problem. Also make sure to have a good respirator.

Not familiar w/ that sick myth, but down here at the Home Depot that my mom works at and I shop at they sell 1" MDF! So I don't know of any "specialty lumberyards" that your talking about!

It really depends on the store....there are two Home Depots near me, one stocks 3/4" MDF and nothing bigger, and the other only stocks 1/2" and anything bigger has to be special ordered.

Just for fact 1" MDF will get you really sick if you try to cut it. Thats why they only sell it at specialty lumber yards. Your best bet is to get either 2 -1/2" and glue/screw them together after cutting holes or get 2 3/4" MDF and do the same. Always make sure to wear eye protection as well, the particles that come from MDF when cut are about the smallest dust you can find it will penetrate most fabrics with no problem. Also make sure to have a good respirator.
He's right to a point. If you don't wear a dust mask, that **** can do very bad things to your lungs. I work with it for six hours a day, six days a week, but i wear a ventilator so i won't die early //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif For some reason, the dust off this masonite stuff is a lot finer and a lot more abundant than the dust from regular 3/4" stock....

He's right to a point. If you don't wear a dust mask, that **** can do very bad things to your lungs.
I know that one, I used to sandblast for awhile without any kind of masks or respirators...not good at all for your lungs.

paikiah, where the hell do i get one??
well, I don't think you CAN get the circle cutter over in the states, so that's why one is in the mail for Dustin..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If anyone needs it, and is serious about it, gimme a holler~

What's the price for one of them? I'd be interested if the price is right... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.