Cutting MDF

a table saw. If you dont have one a skill saw will work but use a straight edge and saw horses if it is a full sheet.
Ok.. I was planning on using a table saw to do most of the cutting, I just need to cut the sheet of MDF into a couple of smaller pieces to fit it into my work area where the table saw is.

if you got a router with a circle cutting jig your in there as far as cutting holes,

or of course a jigsaw, for some reason I have found that the bi-metal, metal cutting blades to make the best cutts for MDF

If your gonna use a table saw then yea cut the sheet in half with a skill saw on horses use more than just 2 horses if ya got'em. I usually get homedepot to cut it in half for me.

Yep I'm with tonto //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif on this one. Best investment I ever made was an MDF blade for my table saw and circular saw. And taking my time with the cuts, and letting the saw do the work. Nothing like the smell of burning formaldahyde //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well im lucky enough to have a family who owns a mold shop. CNC machines combined with CAD design can make some nice little boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.