textured spraypaint

whats a good textured spray paint, and do i primer the MDF before i paint? if so what kind of primer do i use?
brands and specific types please.. too many to pick from when i goto a store and just look.

thanx.
what kind of textured paint are you talking about? that rhyno liner stuff doesn't need a primer if that's what you're talking about.

I found something called stone creations. I didn't primer before using it but I would suggest that you do because the MDF soaked up a lot of it. I found mine at Home Depot for about 10 bucks a can.

There's no paint I know of that'll simulate the texture of vinyl, if that's what your looking for. You hafta make the substrate textured then paint over it.

Wally world carries the cracklin paint. If you want the look of vinyl the easiest way ( besides using vinyl) is to get some sem texture spray. You can get it in several different colors. With a little practice, it looks exactly like vinyl. However it is a little on the pricey side. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jtomsic

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
jtomsic
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date