textured spraypaint

LoneRanger
10+ year member

Old Yamahas Give Me Wood
whats a good textured spray paint, and do i primer the MDF before i paint? if so what kind of primer do i use?
brands and specific types please.. too many to pick from when i goto a store and just look.

thanx.
what kind of textured paint are you talking about? that rhyno liner stuff doesn't need a primer if that's what you're talking about.

BooLeaN
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I found something called stone creations. I didn't primer before using it but I would suggest that you do because the MDF soaked up a lot of it. I found mine at Home Depot for about 10 bucks a can.

maylar
10+ year member

Electrical Weenie
Connecticut
There's no paint I know of that'll simulate the texture of vinyl, if that's what your looking for. You hafta make the substrate textured then paint over it.

ramos
5,000+ posts

Still learning
Virginia
Wally world carries the cracklin paint. If you want the look of vinyl the easiest way ( besides using vinyl) is to get some sem texture spray. You can get it in several different colors. With a little practice, it looks exactly like vinyl. However it is a little on the pricey side. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jtomsic

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
jtomsic
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date