Current setup or Change setup based on trunk size?????

I currently have two Skar ddx 15s that require about 4 cubes per sub. The enclosure in TOTAL is 4.5, yea too small. I only have about 5 cubes of trunk space for subs. I found a Skar 18 that's calling for 4.5 cubes. My question is would it a better system with the 18 in the required enclosure vs the 2 15s in the smaller box? The 15s are 1,000 watts rms apiece and the 18 is 1,250 watts rms. What should I do?

You'd be better off running one 15 thats in a proper box than what you have now.

Can't imagine what your system sounds like with a box size like that.

I tried to fit an 18 in my trunk. Didn't work. Went with what I have in my sig and everything is proper with its size and space.

You could do a pair of 12s with that space 4.5 cubes.

What type of amp are you using?

I'm using the Hifonics brx 2400.1D. The 15s sound good to honest in the small enclosure. Better than it sounds in txt lol. I've been told that two 12s in the right enclosure would sound around the same as my 2 15s in the smaller enclosure. If we go the 2 12s vs the 1 15 then we get into which would sound better. I do have 2 fosgate hx2 12s in excellent condition, but they also in a box thats probably to small(prefabbed).

I'm using the Hifonics brx 2400.1D. The 15s sound good to honest in the small enclosure. Better than it sounds in txt lol. I've been told that two 12s in the right enclosure would sound around the same as my 2 15s in the smaller enclosure. If we go the 2 12s vs the 1 15 then we get into which would sound better. I do have 2 fosgate hx2 12s in excellent condition, but they also in a box thats probably to small(prefabbed).
yeah u need a better box for anyone u get.. the 18" would really need 6cf at least so the 1 15 would maybe be best.. we've seen 2 12's and 1- 15's can be about the same with same power depends on box and subs and car but 1500rms to 1 15 maybe similar to 2 12 with 1500rms.. cone area is similar some say more motors are better some say 1 motor with more power, depends on sub but never know til u get it in car.. since u have the subs i'd do good 4.5 cf ported box tuned to 35 hz (not to low or to high) and run 1200-1500rms to it.. we got a member just put ddx 15 in box he made., i think he has like 1k to it..says it sound good but that depends on what u are used to..

I currently have two Skar ddx 15s that require about 4 cubes per sub. The enclosure in TOTAL is 4.5, yea too small. I only have about 5 cubes of trunk space for subs. I found a Skar 18 that's calling for 4.5 cubes. My question is would it a better system with the 18 in the required enclosure vs the 2 15s in the smaller box? The 15s are 1,000 watts rms apiece and the 18 is 1,250 watts rms. What should I do?
if you are talking about the EVL 18, that 4.5 cube recommendation is complete garbage and bullsh*t, the proper box size for them to perform is closer to 10 cubes net.

that hifonics brx 2400 amp you have, you'll at most get 1300-1400 watts total at 1 ohm. Sounds harsh but yes thats how overrated those amps are. Their 3000 watt model only did 1800 watts on the amp dyno... Any direct swaps to a proper 2000 watt amp, you'll feel the extreme difference compared to that brx. I owned them so i'm speaking from experience as well.

What I recommend is a beefy 15 in that 4.5 cubic feet box. on that brx 2400. Done deal.

You are trying to cram subs and suffocating them, thats horrible for sound quality and loudness. Just because it sounds okay for you, doesnt mean you are achieving the results you should be achieving with them.

Even if you went with a single 15, it may/may not fit due to its size, outside dims inside your trunk. Your prob better off getting 2 12's or a single 12 or a few 10's that will fit in there nicely instead of a headache.

What kind of car is it going in? I just put mine in 2 days ago. It's in a 4.3cf box tuned 36hz. It gets down but it does take up the entire trunk. Buddy of mine has 2 ddx 15s in a box too small in his trunk. My 1 sounds just as good bc I have the right box.
d6a63555b241a2b5efecd91f87943496.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

yeah like jeff said if u wanta spend $ get FU 15 $200 i think run all that amp to it in 4.5cf u be happy.. but the ddx as u see in pic above will do good too in proper box.. either way get box built for 1 15 use ddx in it and later u can upgrade sub (to an FU audio lol)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.