Current build, suggestions for whats next?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Iskavan

Maine

The above vid is my current build, four earthquake tremor 12's running at 1500rms 1ohm. Ive since fiddled with the amp a little and found better sounding songs, so my bass its a little higher, video is still a good taste of my setup though.

I was thinking of getting four earthquake magma 12x's or eight PSI 8's, I dont want to spend anymore than a 1,500$ on subs, and i want to keep it around 2,500rms, i can double it if i must but would prefer not to. I want to keep the enclosure no bigger than 12 cubes. I am really pleased with my current build, but the possibility of being louder constantly nags at me. Any suggestion on amazing budget subs please feel free to respond, also which would be better, eight 8's or four 12's.

honestly i don't know if that BP is actually hitting that hard. and that amp is definitely not the greatest. before you spend more money on something you might beable to improve what you currently have..

im pretty sure 4 12s with 1500 can get well into the 140s.. should be close to 145.. your trunk is acting like another alignment as well. its more than likely acting like a 6th order series BP.

the magmas arent what htey used to be and erathquake used to be the bomb with those magmas..

I have not gotten it metered, but from listening to other peoples setups, and how much this makes my eyes shake i am 100% sure im in the 140s. My ears feel like im underwater, and the guard rail on the side of the road bounces. I tested the amp, max output is 2675 at 1ohm, only putting 1500 to the subs, i can push it to 2,000rms but the subs start to smell after 15ish mins. I know the amp is not the greatest, but for the price its amazing.

Been looking around and i think a single 18inch psi platform 4 would do what im looking for. Would the Soundstream T1.6000DL be a good fit at .5 ohm?

any suggestions on tuning and box type?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.