Running two JL Audio 12w3v3 Subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

legaspi89
10+ year member

Chino CA
I'm currently running one JL Audio 12w3v3(2ohm) pushed by a JX 500/1D. Now if I were to get another 12w3, would I need a 2 channel amp pushing 500 watts each like the JX 1000/1D?

And now having that much power would I have to change my alternator or anything like that since I plan not to. lol.

Thanks.

You'd be better off with a single 1000+ w mono amp. Something like this should be perfect, if you're looking for best bang for the buck:

FSD Audio FZ1200D 1200-Watt Class-D Monoblock Amplifier - SounDrive Audio Store

I doubt you'd need a HO alt, but doing the big 3 wouldn't hurt. Then if you're having lights dimming , etc. maybe upgrade the battery to the biggest agm you can fit under the hood. If that's still not enough, can add another battery to the trunk. You don't really need to worry about that stuff, though, until it becomes a need.

You'd be better off with a single 1000+ w mono amp. Something like this should be perfect, if you're looking for best bang for the buck:FSD Audio FZ1200D 1200-Watt Class-D Monoblock Amplifier - SounDrive Audio Store

I doubt you'd need a HO alt, but doing the big 3 wouldn't hurt. Then if you're having lights dimming , etc. maybe upgrade the battery to the biggest agm you can fit under the hood. If that's still not enough, can add another battery to the trunk. You don't really need to worry about that stuff, though, until it becomes a need.
I see. How does the FSD Audio amp compare to JX 1000 amp? On ebay I know they sell the JX 1000 with the two JL subs together for 899. That is a lot. But wondering how the FSD compares?

I've got no experience with JL amps, but can tell you that the FSD are well made Korean amps, and do rated power in the handful of tests I've seen.

There may be better 1200w amps out there, but they'll cost notably more and the perceivable differences are likely minuscule.

I see. How does the FSD Audio amp compare to JX 1000 amp? On ebay I know they sell the JX 1000 with the two JL subs together for 899. That is a lot. But wondering how the FSD compares?
JX is not worth it. Only the slash or HD JL is fine. The JX is their lowest line for amps. I'd look for W3s used man. You find them for 80-120 on craigslist and JL w6s for 150-200. FSD does rated power and doesnt cost an arm and a leg

You are basically presenting your butthole on a pedestal if you buy JL products new. Might need some hemorrhoid cream after you are done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.