Crossover settings

What program or device do i use to actually see my sound curve when i play the track on tuning cd's that sounds like a sound sweep of all frequencies? Apparently combining different crossover slopes (12db, 24db...) causes dips and nulls in that curve when you put it all together and i want to see if mine is like a clean sweep. 

If you had eq flat on all channels, hpf and lpf all set at normal safe ranges for all speakers, - what's your favorite slope (-6db 12db 24db...) and what's your favorite class (linkwitz, chebychev, butterworth...) for each speaker (tweeters, mid range, subwoofers...)?

I use 24db linkwitz ....kinda hard to blend sometimes depending on speaker locations from my experience......12db LW blends better but i find it causes phase issues with my setup...24db is easier to EQ with......but this is all subjective and just my opinion, every setup is different

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get it all dialed in? Definitely want to use the DSP to control all the crossover points. You also want to make sure the configuration is setup correctly with the DSP. That processor is very versatile, and you can sum input channels if you need to get a full range signal from the Head unit. You also need to run the setup and set you level inputs usign the setup CD. I do not let this thing auto-tune. I manually control the inputs and then exit after that. I found that running auto-configuration on the 3.sixty does not work as well as manually controlling everything. 

I bought a Dayton UMM-6USB mic and use my laptop to RTA the system. I use trueRTA for the sofware. Great package all for about $125 or so. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.