Crossover frequency?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big Ry
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Can someone suggest a good place to cross a set of DA s600s (non-eton)? Also, I have a set of Selenium 6W4P's on the way; how close to there 80Hz bottom range can I get?

The setup will be active and crossed with a Memphis 16x03. I cant seem to find the specs on this xover, but IIRC it crosses with a 18dB slope. Also, if anyone has experience with this xover, could you explain the increments on the knobs? they only label min, mid, and max frequencies, the rest are just "tick" marks. The problem is, the ticks arent evenly spaced. I have the manual somewhere and Im pretty sure it didnt explain this in it. I tried my best to figure out what they are, but thats only guessing at best. If theyre some set standard value, that'd make sens, but I do not know enough about variable xovers to know if this is how its typically done.

I should also note that I can cross with my 9800BT which overs different slopes; however, Ive always been paranoid to use the deck to cross in case the power got cut. If it were to reset itself, I may not necessarily notice. Probably just bing paranoid, but I think Id rather rely on the 16x03 than risk feeding my tweeters subbass frequencies.

With 65w each I can play my Seleniums full range on rock no problem. For 100w each on rap, around 80-100hz should be fine. Id probably go around 125-160hz just because you cant hear midbass over the subs anyway.

is this with the 18dB slope? and what about the upper end? thos seleniums play real high, so i have a number of options for crossing. ill have the DA hex silks or these seas textiles to chose from. im not 100% on their specs off the top of my head, but i think they both can be crossed around 2-3k, so i should have many options.

any idea on the full DA set?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.