Crazy System

swisscheese32
10+ year member

I want to build a rediculous system...without any money concerns involved i want to put a 18" solo-x in my geo metro. What amp should i run...wirers...is an extra battery needed. How do i build a custom box all that good stuff...please just offer your opinion dont be a jackass. I have 2 alpine type x's right now with a memphis 1100 amp i know very little about the big powered subs like the solo-x so just trying to learn.

aot of 0 gauge wire.. 3,000 rms amp.. I'd go with a M3 or sundown or Massive.. I'd do 2 or 3 trunk batteries and about (rec airspace) tuned to the mid-low 30s... shood wang purdy rough.. My DD does

Why not get a 9518g or similar???

aot of 0 gauge wire.. 3,000 rms amp.. I'd go with a M3 or sundown or Massive.. I'd do 2 or 3 trunk batteries and about (rec airspace) tuned to the mid-low 30s... shood wang purdy rough.. My DD does 

Why not get a 9518g or similar???
See i'm new to the lingo what does that mean lol

Read BCAE1.com until you feel conversant in all of the terms used //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just throwing money at something isn't going to guarantee good results, the magic happens in the install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Read BCAE1.com until you feel conversant in all of the terms used //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Just throwing money at something isn't going to guarantee good results, the magic happens in the install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
best advice. thats a lot of money to hope you get it right. either read/learn or hope you can find a shop that actually knows what they're doing to do it for you.

Become friends with somebody who actually knows a lot about audio. See if there's anybody on here who lives by you who'd being willing to show you the ropes. I know a lot of people would like setting up a nice system if somebody's got the money to pay for it.

geo metro 2 door or 4 door ?

id take a guess and say that your stock alternator is all you can use.

and it proly makes nothing for power = wich *****

but

you can add a fiew big batterys in the rear to keep voltage at respectable levels when your bumping good.

your going to need to figure out how to fit all this in your car.

multiple batterys - and good sub enclosure. its a juggling game.

there will also be un believable rattles in your car when you get high power sub in there.

so the idea of completely gutting your interior and using sound deadning material is a good idea ( doors / roof / hatch or trunk )

the biggest thing you need to do is design the box for the sub to be ideal for your car.

box is 60% of whats important. crappy subs can sound great in good boxes for them.

good subs can sound crappy in poo poo boxes.

ported boxes are tuned to a certan frequency where they perform best.

lets say 30 hz = notes from 30 to 45 hz will realley be amazing in a box tuned to 30 hz

and start to fall off so to sepak from 45hz on up.

actually finding a boxes tuning requires alot of complicated math on how long and big the port is vs the air space inside the box, vs the speakers in and out movment.

thats why its eazy to mess it up.

also - a box is to be built to each and every single sub's exact specs to perform at its best.

or get what you want from it. box built for 12" jbl sub will be completely diffrent for a box built for a 12" dd sub.

you asked about amp also - forgot that one

hifonics bxi line = cheap solid power. a little over rated - but still solid good amps.

the sex = sundown audio amps.

im personaly not a fan of kicker amps - they run hot - and some dont like 1 ohm load.

I want to build a rediculous system...without any money concerns involved i want to put a 18" solo-x in my geo metro. What amp should i run...wirers...is an extra battery needed. How do i build a custom box all that good stuff...please just offer your opinion dont be a jackass. I have 2 alpine type x's right now with a memphis 1100 amp i know very little about the big powered subs like the solo-x so just trying to learn.
If money is no concern, just go to the best shop in your area and let them do everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.