CRAZY electrical problems after DVD head unit install....HELP!

richard cheese
10+ year member

Got my new DVD head unit installed. Now I have numerous electrical problems

I have a 2003 Chevy 2500hd

1. HVAC will only blow through the defrost vents. I can control the temp, the fan speed and ac/ no ac. But it only blows through the dash vents

2. When the deck is off everything but the HVAC works great. I turn the deck on and BLAM...the gauges all shut down, every warning light on the gauge cluster lights up...the DIC reads UNKNOWN DRIVER

WTF is going on...anyone?

thanks in advance

2003 chevy ehh....if you installed it, did you hardwire, or use a harness? And if you did use a harness, was it a CAN-BUS harness?

yeah....i was looking at the harness schematic yesterday, and the 24 pin.....the first position is the data buss, right below it is the battery connection....shoot, Im even thinking about doing it myself, as I already have busy time after work every day with 2 kids involved in 2 sports each right now......SIGH

thanks for all the help guys

Fuggin dumbazz installer ran a deck speakerwire to the class 2 buss wire DERRRRRRR

"We are a professional installation center, very knowledgeable with Chevy Silverados."

When they pulled the deck, they told me nothing was wrong. I asked to take a look at it. I immediately saw a bi-colored wire, usually speaker wire, mated to the buss wire. They said nothing was wrong, and that it was my electrical system. I took the dykes from the installer and clipped the wire, started it up, and what do you know? All my gauges, windows and interior lights worked

I gave the owner a piece of my mind, left a **** in the toilet without flushing it, and left. I have a good mind to send that douche a bill for MY time.

Thanks again for all your input

did you get a refund or anything? shoulda shat on the floor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.