couple questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

dj2606
10+ year member

so i'm lookin to replace my type r coaxial speakers with component speakers. the highs on them distort especially on the sssss's. So I would like to replace them with a good set of component speakers, the catch is I have a total of 2 5/8 allowable depth. I have a budget of 200 - 300 would prefer to keep it closer to 200.

Also when installing these can I keep the rear speakers playing with a 4 channel amp. Run the front speaker outs to the crossover then from the crossover to the mids and tweeters and the rear channel of the amp to the rear coaxial speakers. other options/opinions for better sound?

I have a polk audio d4000.4 channel amp with 125rms per channel and a pioneer 80prs head unit.

thanks guy

Im running CDT speakers on my front stage in my truck, and sound great/polk in my suv at the moment, and will be swapping to CDT speakers

JBL MS-62C have gotten great reviews. I have a set of CDT HD62 CF that I never got to install yet, but I can tell you the mounting depth is 2-3/8". @mylows10 will hook you up if you go with CDT.

Cdt hd models will keep you in your price range hit me up if you want prices or look on the cdt website
it's 350.00 for the set i was hoping to keep this between 200-300 and hopefully closer to 2, however I may have to save up because those specs look crazy. However I will be forced upgrade the amp because they are rated at 180 rms. geeze that's crazy

You don't need to upgrade your amp. It's fine for just about any 2-way set on the market. The "sss" sound is sibilance, and it isn't from distortion. Upgrading to a nicer speaker should help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.