Couple questions regarding amps, splitters, etc...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
Swapping some equipment out soon and I'm now not sure on a few things. The first question is if it would be better to power two subs in the same Tline enclosure with one mono block amp for both, or with two mono block amps, one for each. I was thinking one amp so you know they're always in sync. Yeah, if the amp goes, no subs, but it's also less wiring. Thoughts?

Second, with adding in the amp, I'm now not going to have enough outputs from the headunit. I know splitting RCA with a shielded connector is ok, but would that be preferred over using the mono block amp's outputs or should I use the outputs instead?

Final question....when getting into having 3+ amps in the system, is it still ok to just use the direct outputs from the HU, or should I be using some sort of processor, EQ, etc thing? Yeah, thing....such technical terms, huh? lol

Swapping some equipment out soon and I'm now not sure on a few things. The first question is if it would be better to power two subs in the same Tline enclosure with one mono block amp for both, or with two mono block amps, one for each. I was thinking one amp so you know they're always in sync. Yeah, if the amp goes, no subs, but it's also less wiring. Thoughts?
Second, with adding in the amp, I'm now not going to have enough outputs from the headunit. I know splitting RCA with a shielded connector is ok, but would that be preferred over using the mono block amp's outputs or should I use the outputs instead?

Final question....when getting into having 3+ amps in the system, is it still ok to just use the direct outputs from the HU, or should I be using some sort of processor, EQ, etc thing? Yeah, thing....such technical terms, huh? lol
Best to go with one big amp.

If you want to go all out, get a DSP. If you want it simple, just get a clarion EQ746 and one pair of RCAs will give you 6 pairs of output.

What did i just read?

You say you want to add an amp and in the 2nd question you say if you do, you'll run out of outputs.. From one amp? So you have a LOC then?

Also in your 2nd question... at the end you say would that be preferred over using the mono block amp's outputs or should i use the outputs instead? Huh? Outputs or outputs?

Third question- 3+ amps? You've only mentioned 1 amp and that will be too many..

Also, direct outputs from HU.. We do not know how many preouts are on your HU and what they are labeled and what you are trying to do...

[quote name='shizzzon']What did i just read?[/QUOTE]

Hey, it all made sense when I wrote it!! lol

[quote name='shizzzon']You say you want to add an amp and in the 2nd question you say if you do, you'll run out of outputs.. From one amp? So you have a LOC then? [/QUOTE]

Yeah, not too clear, huh? I have two pairs of outputs from the HU and currently have two amps in the system...I have six pairs of mid/highs because I drive a Ford Excursion. I do not have a LOC.

[quote name='shizzzon']Also in your 2nd question... at the end you say would that be preferred over using the mono block amp's outputs or should i use the outputs instead? Huh? Outputs or outputs?[/QUOTE] Is it better to plug HU outputs into the mono block and then take the output from the mono block and plug it into the high pass amps, or should I be using something like @Jeffdachef suggested?

[quote name='shizzzon']Third question- 3+ amps? You've only mentioned 1 amp and that will be too many..
Also, direct outputs from HU.. We do not know how many preouts are on your HU and what they are labeled and what you are trying to do...[/QUOTE] Pretty much just covered this above. I have two pairs and need to supply signal to three amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.