Fiberglass over deadener

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
i have huge holes in my doors, bigger than standard. I took the time to completely cover them in deadener. so essentially my inner door panel(not door card) is floating but thick sound deadener.

quite soon im going to fiberglass those large holes to give it rigidity so in the future i can put 8s in the doors. my question is. Can i just put painters tape over the deadener and fiberglass that tape with mat(standard fiberglass mold kinda stuff) which would effectively give the deadener something rigid to sit be again and slightly bonded too or should i deal with the hassle of removing the deadener, glass the holes and then deaden the fiberglass.

There will be ccf between the door card and whatever i choose to do.

Did not remove in my old build in my Ion. Glassed right over dead without issue.. Held 2 6.5's for 3+ years without fail. Sold car and still all there.. Each mid was 5lbs each so 10lbs of weight and wire was no issue... Doors shut like a vault after that install BOOM lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.