Couple questions on fuse rating and rms rating

Participant count
  • Participant list

71dodge
10+ year member

Hello everyone, new to the forum and had a couple questions.

On my 95 bronco

First off i was i much need of an upgrade of an amp, i have two jl audio 10" subs at 200 watts rms eaxh, I bought a alpine 500 watt mono amp. Is it ok to run this setup? Ive heard you want to find a amp that will operate at 75-150% of the combined speakers total rms.

Also i just upgraded my wiring to 4 awg to accompany the new amp, the fuse rating on the amp is 60 total. The stinger wire kit i bought came with a 100amp anl fuse. Should i leave the 100 amp or go down to like an 80?

Any advice is appreciated

Never hurts to be overfused.....over engineered.

Some of us have amps with fuses in them while running a fused distrib block and a fuse between the amp and battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.