Couple questions about going active

Participant count
  • Participant list

sjv13
10+ year member

StayStrange
1) With my current set up, if I buy a Pioneer 80prs (for $260 on bestbuy.com) can I just turn my 4 channel and mono amps on fullpass and control every thing with just the 80prs?

2) Will the 80prs work with a 5th gen (newest) iPod touch?

No, and yes. No because you will have to run wire from each channel on the amp directly to your mids and tweeters. You will no longer use the crossover that came with the comp kit.

1) With my current set up, if I buy a Pioneer 80prs (for $260 on bestbuy.com) can I just turn my 4 channel and mono amps on fullpass and control every thing with just the 80prs?
2) Will the 80prs work with a 5th gen (newest) iPod touch?
Volvo FTW...

Volvo FTW...
That's what I'm sayin! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I've had to replace/fix quite a bit though...

No, and yes. No because you will have to run wire from each channel on the amp directly to your mids and tweeters. You will no longer use the crossover that came with the comp kit.
Well that's what I do already. My Focal set doesnt use a crossover box and the crossover is just attached to the speaker. And each tweeter and woofer already has it's own channel. I want to get the 80prs so I'll be ready to upgrade my speakers and I like the added features it has. Plus it's $90 off.

EDIT: Right now, I just spliced/added to the factory speaker wire that came from the harness behind my head unit so I didnt have to run new wire through the dash (for tweeters) and through the doors. But if I get woofers that can handle more power or a more powerful amp (which ever comes first) I will want to run new wire all the way. Would it be okay to splice into the Kicker speaker wire that is behind the dash and go to the speakers from there? Or is it much better to have a single speaker wire all the way from speaker to amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.