Couple Noob Questions

Un4GivNSoul
10+ year member

Alright i got a couple questions. I have a 2004 Lincoln LS. Two JL 12w6 v2 and a 1000/1 amp.

I am contemplating an upgrade on my head unit and was wondering about some of these options.

When using a H701 combo the only true benefits would be by using and amp for the surrounds?? is that correct? So that you can calibrate the sound going there.

And with running of of the 1000/1, DVD player, and some type of 4 channel would that force me to install another battery or an upgraded alternator?

I know these are some nooby questions but just wondering what is all goin to be involved and if i use the H701 if the only true benefits come from using an amplifier for the surrounds.

Any help would be appreciated.

The H701 allows for a lot of processing. EQ, Time alignment, 4-way xover etc. Read the sticky in the electrical forum about the big 3. You probably don't need an HO alternator. I'd imagine a Lincoln has a big alternator to begin with.

If by "surrounds" you are referring to your interior speakers then yes, you would be required to power them with an external amplifier in order to have the H701 be of any real use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.