cost of gas

Haha yourself. It's about the permitting wise guy. Try to catch up with the convo before popping off.
I have worked in the oil and gas industry for 15+ years....just cause a oil company has a permit doesnt mean they are instantly drilling the next day....idiot. companies snatch permits up like candy and sit on em and do nothing just so the competition cant drill in that area

I have worked in the oil and gas industry for 15+ years....just cause a oil company has a permit doesnt mean they are instantly drilling the next day....idiot. companies snatch permits up like candy and sit on em and do nothing just so the competition cant drill in that area
While that is some what true it doesn't disprove what bro said. Drilling is at an all time high in the Midwest. They're damn near determined to split Oklahoma in half.

Part of the reason you need a permit is to ensure proper geological surveying has been done. Could drill into a pocket of something and release it into a local water supply.

I would definitely like to see us rely less on fossil fuel, and more on renewable energy for the sake of the planet. Not for "future generations" though, because I hate people.

I do think we should have infrastructure here for fossil fuel production though.

The Middle East crippled the US Oil industry for a long time by flooding the market with cheap oil. Economists call it "dumping". It made it not cost effective to drill for oil in the US, when foreign oil was cheaper. If for some reason they cut us off, there would be panic here. Gas prices, and therefore the price of everything, would skyrocket. We saw with the pipeline hacking how people react to this sort of thing.

China is doing the same thing with manufacturing. They're "dumping" cheaply manufactured goods on the US market. This makes it more economical for people to buy from China, and not US factories where people are actually paid decently (more than a bowl of rice a day). Lots of the "shortages" are being caused by supply chain disruptions because of the Chinese virus. The rest is caused by people over-reacting to what they see on the news and buying excess.

Essentially if China and the Middle East cut us off, we'd be screwed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...