Correct way to set gain with DMM?

And heel, to figure out how many watts your amp is putting out its just voltage*amperage.
P = I × V

= R × I2

= V2 ⁄ R

I thought I'd use the V^2/R because I know both... perhaps silly question but where do you measure amperage in this situation? and would the voltage youre speaking of be 12V or the AC voltage measured?

P = I × V= R × I2

= V2 ⁄ R

I thought I'd use the V^2/R because I know both... perhaps silly question but where do you measure amperage in this situation? and would the voltage youre speaking of be 12V or the AC voltage measured?
The amps I'm almost positive you measure it off the power/ground and voltage is off the speaker terminals.

Thanks everyone for your help. There should be a stickied thread on this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Also though you have to take in your amps efficiency to make sure you're not clipping the signal. Thats why they say its not the best way to set your gains.
I did not consider this. hm...

feckin numbers. Would finding the power this way would be an underestimation of power as nothing is 100% efficient, or would it just screw up the calculation altogether to some extent?

Also, speakers do not have resistance... so do not use that formula including resistance.... Speakers have an impedance which changes depending on the frequency being played, box size, and vehicle.

I did not consider this. hm...
feckin numbers. Would finding the power this way would be an underestimation of power as nothing is 100% efficient, or would it just screw up the calculation altogether to some extent?
Thats where it gets real confusing and O-scopes become your friend lol.

I work a minimum wage job, drive a vehicle that I'm averaging 18mpg with gas at $4.00 a gallon. $100 cell phone bill, oh and not to mention the $1800 in probation fees I have to pay on every month. Its called growing up kid. I'm not even gonna start on my school loans, thats a whole 'nother animal.
I feel ya bro. I'm in nearly the exact same boat. Except I get 15mpg lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I feel ya bro. I'm in nearly the exact same boat. Except I get 15mpg lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Well the only reason I average 18 is bc I drive 60 miles hwy a day. In the city its more around 14

this is all too much hassle/math....

I'm gonna stick to the ol' small *** flat head screw driver. I've not blown a sub or amps ever.

I would like to see if my tuning is close using a DMM tho, but don't want to spend the money.

That JL link was good!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.